Forum Terms & Rules
Every member should know and understand all the rules at all times. If you have any questions about any rules, contact an Administrator. New rules go into effect 3 days after they are posted.
Please note that we are experiencing some database issues. We are resolving these, however, if you do happen to reach an error please try using an alternate browser for registering.
Double Posting is not allowed.Double Posting: this is when users post once after another (You have the last post in the topic, and you add another post, so the last two posts are made by you).One may double post only for important reasons, if you do double post you must acknowledge that you know that you are double posting and provide a reason, otherwise it will assumed you are double posting for no good reason.Bumping a topic when you were the last user to post on that topic is also considered double posting, so make sure you meet the requirements for both bumping and double posting when doing so.Do not spam.Spamming: there are many types of spam such as:Making irrelevant and pointless posts that do not contribute to the topic.
- Do not bump any topics.
- Bumping: there are many types of bumping, such as:
- You post in a topic that has already been fully discussed to be left alone.
- You post in an old topic that is more than 3 weeks old for no good reason.
- There are times when some members can bump topics, but that is only when it is viable for you to do so. If you do so you must acknowledge that you know that you are bumping the topic for a reason, otherwise it will be assumed you are bumping for no good reason.
- Updating a topic (e.g. Tournament Results)
- Bumping a topic because it is necessary for a higher authority to take a look at it, but when you do this you should send a personal message to the person that you are trying to alert.
Making very short posts. Five words in a post is often spamming.
Posting a lot of useless responses at once just to increase your post count, to increase your self image, or meet requirements for positions on the site.Always post at least two sentences that will contribute to that topic. If you don't have anything to say, then don't post.No advertising of anything other than HaloTracks or your maps in our forums is allowed.Advertising is posting a link to external site in order to benefit yourself, your friends, or any other members of that site.Do not create topics under the wrong discussion forum. If you accidentally create a topic under the wrong section, send a private message to a moderator so that it may be moved.This means make sure to check the forum rules on what you can post in each forum before you make your post.Know the punishment for violating any of the rules.
New rules go into effect 3 days after they are published.
Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.Things that are considered unprofessional:Flaming or talking bad about another HaloTracks member or a member of any other site.
Provoking arguments in the forums.
Refusing to cooperate with the rules.
Making posts that could be considered childish. In other words, acting childish by making snide remarks and comebacks.Do not use persistent trash talking against other HaloTracks members over Xbox Live, unless if used jovially during a tournament.
No racism, sexism, or cruel pranks.
Do not make multiple accounts under any circumstances.
Obey those who are of a higher authority.
Do not post content other than your own. If you feel that it is necessary give credit to the original author of the text.
Do not steal other people's maps.
Do not abuse power that is given to you.Examples of abusing power are:Suspending/Banning people for no reason other than that you don't like them.
Using your powers to threaten other HaloTracks members.
Over-enforcing the rules to the point where you are delivering cruel and exaggerated punishments.
Giving harsher punishments than what should be delivered, unless you have consulted a higher authority about the matter.Do not tamper with or modify anything on HaloTracks.
Do not attempt to manipulate the points system or steal points. If you are caught doing this, you will have all of your points taken away and will be punished appropriately.
Do not attempt to get around any punishment given to you in any way.
Each violation of any of the above rules will increase your warn level by 10%. Your warn level will determine your punishment. At the end of every month your warn level, whatever it may be, will be reduced by 20%. Meaning if you go a month and accumulate 30% warn level or more, you will still have to deal with some of that in the next month. Here are the corresponding punishments for warn levels:
10% - Warning from a Staff member or Administrator
20% - Warning from a Staff member or Administrator
30% - 1 day posting suspension
40% - 3 day posting suspension
50% - 1 week posting suspension
60% - 3 day account ban & 1 week posting suspension
70% - 1 week account ban & 1 week posting suspension
80% - 2 week account ban & 10 day posting suspension. Can't participate in tournaments
90% - 2 week account ban & 2 week posting suspension. Can't participate in tournaments
100% - Permabanned. Gone.
- All signatures must abide by all of the forum rules.
- Signatures must be 500 x 200 or less.
- No porn or inappropriate content.
- Signatures must not have more than 8 lines.
- No more than 4 images.
- Signatures must not alter or stretch the website.
- No distracting signatures (Large, animated, flashing, ect).
- Font size no larger than 4.
- You may advertise your maps.
- You may not advertise content other than that which is Halo related.
- No posting more than 5 times in a row.
- No constant flaming of other HaloTracks members.
- There should be no vulgar used in the shoutbox. If there is you will be warned to stop, and if you continue, you will be banned from the shoutbox.
- Violation of any of the above rules will earn you a ban from the shoutbox for that day.
This change in the rules was made on Wednesday, March 31, 2010. Anyone that was perma-banned/is currently perma-banned will remain perma-banned. These rules do not change that.