Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vapour knuckles

Feature System

15 posts in this topic

Feature System

As many of you noticed, we have not had a featured map for quite some time; now the Staff is going to be bringing back Featured Maps. This system will be different from the last one, as we had it where only four individuals would choose the map that would be featured. Now, we will be including the community within the Featured Map system. Instead of the four individuals choosing which map is featured, they will be picking four different maps to be voted on for feature. The community will then vote which map will be featured. This will continue every two weeks instead of one. The four individuals will be Vapour knuckles, Mr Frodo24, SpEcTaCuLar Ra, and Masta Blastr. We will have our main forum called "Featured Maps", the subforums will consist of "Nominations", "Vote", and "Tracks Being Voted".

Head Mapmakers are required to look at every map that has been posted in the past few months and keep notes of which ones is a possibility of being featured.

The more detailed plan for our new Featured Map system will consist of people nominating any racetrack that the individual feels should be featured in the "Nominations" subforum. In this subforum, the community will make new topics on nominating a map which they think will have a chance at being featured. While using the following rules shown below:

Rules:

1. Do not spam.

2. You can nominate your own map, but don't nominate it just because you made it.

3. Give a reason to why you nominate that map.

4. You are welcome to suggest more than one map.

5. You must give a link to the map.

6. Do not pressure people to nominate your track.

7. Please only nominate tracks because you truly believe it has a good chance of being featured.

The format for nominating a track:

[b]Race Track Name:[/b]
[b]Creator(s):[/b]
[b]Link to Gallery Post:[/b]
[b]Why do you think it should be featured:[/b]

Once you make a topic following the rules and format for nominating a track, one of the Head Mapmakers will decide if your nomination has any chance at being featured and if it is following the rules. If not, the Head Mapmaker will close the topic, thus showing that the map is not qualified for a feature. There will be two pinned topics in the Nomination subforum, one will be showing the rules and format on how to nominate a map and what the subforum is for. The second pinned topic will be a list of all possible nominations so that other members can check out the list so they don't double nominate a map, as it will also be easier for the four individuals to go over nominations. The list will have the Map name with the gallery link and the link to the original nomination topic. When the four individuals go over the list, they will put "~Possibility" or "~Closed". Every two weeks at a certain time, the four individuals would go over the list and discuss which map should go up for feature.

When the time comes, the voting for Feature map will take place every Thursday - Friday every two weeks by our Head Mapmakers. The voting will not be a poll vote as it is unreliable to have a proper voting without cheating. It will be a post poll as you have to post stating which map you feel should be featured. The main Voting topic will have the title called "Vote For Feature", and it will have the description for the feature voting and how to vote. It will have 4 images, one image overview for each track with the name of the track on top and it will have a link to a topic that is made in the "Tracks Being Voted" subforum where the topics are made so that people can go view the track description to get a more in depth description and look of the track. Also the download link will be provided in that topic. When you vote in the Vote for Feature topic, you have to vote for your two favorite maps, the format for voting will be shown below. The first track you vote for will be worth two points and the second will be worth one point. After a whole week of voting, the winner will their map on "Feature Maps" forum which will go one the home page as your prize for winning.

The format for voting for a track to be featured:

[b]First Favourite:[/b]
[b]Second Favourite:[/b]

When you get at least two features, you will receive a rank called "Distinguished", it will show to others among the community as you won two features because you are a good forger a certain time period. Everyone including people in the past will receive this rank and the list of people who have won at least 2 features are:

This list will keep being updated every feature so we know when someone has gotten at least 2 maps featured. When a map is featured, there will be a topic made by our Head Mapmakers in the "Feature Maps" forum and the topic will be as this example shows you below.

Creator: SpEcTaCuLar Ra

Map Name: Sandbox

Gametype: RACETRACKS

Description:

Montu is an amazing Inverted coaster themed to ancient Egypt mythology. The one-of-a-kind Batwing inversion is fun, but the size of this monster is the reason it is such a thrill! In this map, you will experience the same excitement. This track includes smooth turns and two rolling hills that provides great gameplay for battle snipes. The amazing scenery included in the track provides a great Egyptian feel to the track and is pleasing to the eyes going around the track. Also contains an uncheatable destination. Please give constructive criticism and enjoy!!! Special Thanks to HaZaRdz xx for the wonderful scenery he put into my map and for the name of the map and oO SLiK Oo for advice during construction of the map.

Pictures:

90758022-Full.jpg

90757867-Full.jpg

Video:

What inspired your creation?

Well I just wanted to make a new track that had a great theme to it and would just be fun to race on.

How long did it take you to create?

It took about 30 hours for the track and another hour for bordering and testing.

What aspect took you the longest to get right?

Probably the wall T turn because those are the hardest for me to work with and wanted to make sure it was smooth.

Download here

As above feature maps topics will show the name of the track, creator of the track, map's name, the gametype, description of the map and 2 overview screenshots, and they will be in size; 640px by 340px. Also there can be a video as well, but that is optional. We will try and provide videos when we can. Also below we will send a personal message to the winner for three questions if they didn't include it when posting their map in the gallery, because we want to know of what they were thinking when they made the track.

If you have any questions, please comment below.

Regards,

The Halotracks Staff

This system will be fully implicated within the week.

Woot, glad this is finally getting put into practice =). I think this type of thing is exactly what HT needs.

(hate to be picky, but i'm pretty sure I've had 5 featured maps, Goose Town and Verge from MOTY 08, Mammoth from TOTY 09, and Zen (not sure about Zen tbh) and Straight At 2.7)

I think that "Distinguished" is kind of a gay title though. I don't know though, it just doesn't roll off of my tongue that well in terms of Map Making.

Distinguished...Distinguished... Yeah, doesn't flow with me.

Whiskey this was calculated before, I forgot to update it because I created this about a month ago, I was 9/10 finished with this but I got demoted from admin, I am currently updating it and you are right you are at 5. We had a very large discussion of picking the name, trust me, you can't get any better. If you can, be my guest.

if u are a mapmaker or something better and u have more than 2 maps featured does that make you a distinguished mapmaker???

did u guys make a title like that???

I'm not sure if winning contests count as "features", but Back Burner won the Mythic Track Contest #1 way back when, and The Barbarian won TOTY. So, assuming that having two tracks in the "Featured Maps" means that I have two features, I would like my Distinguished title, please.

Edited by ShaddoBlade