smm2010

Nitrous Air

1 post in this topic

Nitrous Air

Creator: smm2010

Track Name: Nitrous Air

Map Name: Sandbox

Gametype: RACETRACKS

Nitrous Air is one of my newest tracks to date and is my final dedication track to HT Nitro in Halo 3 (fileshare is almost full). It took me about three weeks to build this track mainly since I became very lazy with it and was forging a different track. But, I eventually got this done about a week ago, so here it is.

Nitrous Air is a track on the main level of Sandbox that consists of multiple stunts. The stunts include:

-Small jumps

-Large shield-door jump

-small bump section

-double backflip

Some have already categorized this as a supercross track. This statement is false; this is nowhere close to being one, even though it has a couple sections that may be considered as supercross.

Anyways, on to the pictures.

The Start

n1-1.jpg

First Lane/Small Jumps Section

n2-1.jpg

Second Lane/Huge Shield-Door Jump

n3-1.jpg

n4-1.jpg

Third Lane/Bump Section

n6-1.jpg

Entrance to 4th Lane/Entrance to Double Backflip

n7.jpg

Double Backflip

n8-1.jpg

Landing Pad/Straightway

n9.jpg

Final Turn/Tunnel

n10-1.jpg

Destination Jump

n11-1.jpg

Final Small Jump

n12.jpg

Overviews

n13.jpg

n14.jpg

Q: What inspired your creation?

A: The forge contest that I put up for HT Nitro. I wanted to make a multiple-stunt track as well, and I think it turned out great.

Q: How long did it take to build this track?

A: Around three weeks since I got lazy and stopped forging it for a bit.

Q: What aspect of the track took you the longest to make?

A: I'd have to say the huge shield door jump. It took me a long time to make the jump as it is right now.

NOTE: Not all the stunts on this map are 100% perfect (then again, not every stunt is). Sometimes you'll undershoot or overshoot the shield-door jump, depending on how you take it. Also, the double backflip likes to screw you up sometimes.

Download Nitrous Air