Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
katancik

The Interview Corner ~ x Edward x

11 posts in this topic

InterviewCornerBanner.jpg

Welcome to the Interview Corner. This week we have an interview from Elite Member, . Only one interview before Reach!

How did you join HaloTracks?

My history goes back to 2008 when HaloTracks was on Bungie Favs. My favorite track was Stuntopolis V2 by Bullejr. I liked the idea of a racetrack on Halo 3 and I started building tracks on Last Resort, The Pit, and Guardian. While playing matchmaking, I met somebody who had some racetracks on his fileshare and I invited him to see my racetracks. His name was DR Z0IDB3RG or something similar. When Foundry came out we spent the entire summer building tracks like Airborne, Caliquake, and Foundrication, that I currently do not have. At that time, we knew the basics of forging. After Gears of War 2 came out, I lost interest in Halo and I rarely talked to him. After I got bored of Gears, I returned to Halo and we got back together in Spring 2009 for the release of the legendary Sandbox. He amazingly figured out forge techniques that mapmakers such as Spectac and Slik used. We used the freeform spawnpoint technique to make unique tracks(He made Bullet Fraction and I helped Vlexx with Jinx). By the time he completed his best skytrack, A Baby's Bum, we both joined HaloTracks in search of better forge techniques. That guy whom I joined HaloTracks with was named B0tteDeRubber, whom is still my friend today.

What has been some of your best memories on HaloTracks?

My best memories were with Motokid's original tournaments. I participated in my first tournament with him and I won the tournament. Another great memory was the HT Nitro Squad Tourney #1. That was fun back then. Also I liked seeing Nitro Towers on the ballot for TOTY-Stunt 2009. HT Supercross was the best squad to be in back then. My very best memory on HaloTracks was gaining the position of Mapmaker.

Out of all of your ranks on HT, which was your favorite?

To this day, being a mapmaker is a great symbol of accompishment for everyone. It signals that a person can do what it takes to be as creative as they can. That is what HaloTracks is all about and that is also why I joined. My second favorite would have to be +VIP because I can get access to neat information in the VIP forum.

What are you going to do differently on HaloTracks when Reach comes out?

My goals are to help all the new members, host tournaments, make creative maps, and gain respect and give respect to everyone for my recent actions. I am going to change the way I make maps and the way I host tournaments. So just a heads up; I am going to act different when Reach comes out and not in a bad way.

What will you be doing first time you get your hands on Reach?

Campaign first. Also maybe trying to classify the best maps for forging racetracks. Forge World is going to be a must for my first terrain track. I am going to play around with the forge techniques and try to make a good track. I am going to assist my friends who have not even tried forging in Halo. Boneyard is second on the list becuase its compatibility with different lines and routes.

Will you change much in your squad, HT Adrenaline, for Reach?

We will be changing alot on the variety of tracks to race on including dirt ovals, terrain courses, and to scale tracks. Yes, we are going to do terrain in Reach. Adrenaline and Formula 1 mapmakers are going to share ideas for recreating real tracks on the NASCAR and F1 schedules. Adrenaline tracks are going to be checked with a to-scale test which includes muiltiplying average speed and time, race ability, and the degree of banking.

What is something you would like to see in HT 4.0?

I would like to see a more easier way to post a map. I always hate doing the pictures. wink.gif I also want to see a different squad interface with public leaderboards, events, etc. Squad leaders should be able to have a already-there leaderboard so it makes it look nicer and it makes it easier to put percentages and statistics. We need to focus on squads because they make up for most of the activity on this community.

Do you have any forging plans for Reach?

I plan to make lots of terrain tracks, remakes of my maps, and maps for Adrenaline. Sky is not going to be my thing in Reach completetely. You might see remakes of Jinx, Nitro Towers, and Orion. I might try to do my best to recreate everyones favorite; Grand Junction. I will try to use what Bungie gave us in the best way as I can.

Is there anything that you would like to accomplish on HaloTracks that you have not yet done?

I want to expand Adrenaline's audience and I want to be the best forger as I can. I want to also regain position of Staff that best suits me and help the Staff make decisions for the future since HaloTracks has a long road ahead after Reach. I would also like to expand the horizons of tournament hosting and contest hosting. A week after Reach comes out, I am posting a "Longest Track Ever Contest" so get your brains ready for my most competitive contest ever.

How do you want to be remembered when you depart from HT?

I want to be remembered as the organized tournament host and the only person to bring a NASCAR season into HaloTracks. I also want to be remembered as the one who likes to joke around and rebel against unfair situations. In addition, I want to be remembered for posting contests that brought out new, creative maps like Brosands and Shift Nationals. I definitely want to be remembered for coming up with the idea of the "N" in all those HT Nitro maps. That blows my mind away everyday.

Well that's this week's interview, and I hope you enjoyed it. Check back soon for new interviews. If you are interested in being interviewed, send me, or BreMerie93 a PM. I will run the Interviews, but you can contact either one of us. You must have over 100 posts to be eligible for an interview. Thanks for reading! :good:

This post has been promoted to an article

Nice Interview guys. Edward I agree with you that the best memory in HT for me also was Motokid's tournaments.

Its to bad the squads cant know about 4.0 to plan ahead, only killer and the favorites can

nice interview edward

really deano? You're gonna go down that road? If you must know, a while back we actually sent a PM to all the squad leaders regarding some 4.0 changes that we were making, asking all the squad leaders what they thought would be best. Please stop judging how me and killer run the site just because you don't get your way.

Back on topic. Very nice interview. Don't worry about the squads in 4.0. We've got that covered for ya'll :)

really deano? You're gonna go down that road? If you must know, a while back we actually sent a PM to all the squad leaders regarding some 4.0 changes that we were making, asking all the squad leaders what they thought would be best. Please stop judging how me and killer run the site just because you don't get your way.

Back on topic. Very nice interview. Don't worry about the squads in 4.0. We've got that covered for ya'll :)

I don't believe the HC leaders got that....

Nice review

i remember that pm, twas a while ago

but how do we know you have it covered? the high ups dont run squads (smm does but its not competitive) so how would we know that you have it covered.

Ahmen for campaign first edward!

I don't think ya'll were active when we sent out the PM. In addition, I don't believe it directly concerned your squad per se. I don't fully remember though.

@Deano: I'm sorry, but is my word not good enough? When we send ya'll a PM specifically asking you guys for your input on what you want do you really think we're just gonna go, "Hmm, well that's interesting. Whatever screw that we'll do it this way." No. We're going to use what ya'll preferred because that's why we asked you in the first place.