Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrEzZiE22

Member of the Week #2

16 posts in this topic

MemberOfTheWeek.png

Well HaloTracks, here it is, Member of the Week two. This weeks' member of the week happens to be a some what new member to HaloTracks. He has recently become a map maker, and well known throughout HaloTracks. He's been quite active, and seems to be good for the community. @Spencermx14 is this weeks Member of the Week, he was rewarded with this because of his activeness towards the community, and his restless ability to create Tracks we love. Anyways back to our Member of the Week. Check back in next week for another interview with Member of the Week.

When you joined HaloTracks, what were you most interested in?

Well when I joined I was mostly interested in finding some other people who really enjoyed racing in Halo as I do. In Halo 3 nobody on my friends list really raced and I never thought there was much of a community behind it. So when I finally stumbled upon HaloTracks it was really good to see a thriving community behind it.

You're an active Map Maker, what got you so interested in making them?

Well I am really glad I made map maker. I spend some ridiculous hours putting my maps together and spending 30 minutes to line up 2 ramps just perfect. I just saw all the other maps on this site and how well they were put together and wanted to see if I could compete. It was very addictive to say the least. Once you start a map you don’t want to stop, there is always one more thing you could improve on. The best thing update to forge from halo 3 is the “Edit Coordinates” it is not perfect but it makes certain tasks so much easier.

Are you interested in any other ranks here on HaloTracks?

Well I’m really just taking it one step at a time. This is the 1st online form that I have put any sort of effort into and it’s been going well so far. I love to host tournaments and since I joined less than a couple months ago I have hosted 2 successful tournaments so maybe helping out with events management down the road could be a possibility. But as for now the events managers are doing a great job. Whenever I post a new tournament they are really quick to respond.

What's your favorite RaceTrack you've created?

Well I am starting to pump them out faster and faster now as I get the hang of forge. But I would still have to say “Across Canada V3” is my favorite, the first child always is! I just like all the terrain sky mix, and how it plays into a lap. It is really hard to put up a perfect lap which allows the placement of racers to change very often. It also covers a lot of the really cool scenery that Forge World has to offer. I wish I could have made some transitions smoother but I guess that is something I am slowly learning to perfect.

What's life like for you outside of HaloTracks?

I’m currently a 3rd year Legal Studies student at the University of Waterloo. But my hometown is a small country town named Odessa in Ontario, Canada. I consider myself a pretty active guy. I have some pictures under “About Me” on my profile that show some of the things involved in my life. I have been riding motorcycles since I was 12 years old and loving it ever since. Most of my friends have motorcycles as well so it is always great in the summer when I get to go back to ride with them. I also ride my own “mongoose” out in the woods where I live. Also my map making started early as I made my own track with a bobcat in one of my fields for my dirt bikes and ATV. Well as I’m a Canadian you can probably guess I play hockey, but I also like to play soccer, tennis, paintball, football and baseball. Most of my friends don’t really play too many games so I’m the lone wolf in my group of friends that way. I recently got my girlfriend of 3 years to read one of the “Halo” books in exchange for me reading one of the “Twilight” novels, so she is pretty awesome. Also take a look at the cake she got me, I’m surprised she still dates me when I nerd out like that.

How has Reach been?

I love it, Halo has been my thing since Halo:CE and Bungie does a great job each time. The customization is one of the best parts. I really like the campaign too however my Xbox was one of the ones that has problems reading the disc so I can’t play all the missions on my Xbox, I have to go to my roommates for that. I mostly forge nowadays, I don’t always have as much time as I’d like to spend on Reach so since I’ve reached Lt. Colonel and spent all my money I don’t know what else I can do. Custom games are always a good time, and since I’ve joined HaloTracks I’ve found so many more people who are down for some good old fashioned custom fun.

What's it like to be a member here on HaloTracks?

It has been really good to be a member, everyone is really nice. Even my first post in “New-Members Forum” was answered really quickly and was very welcoming. I think the community is very well set up one thing I would like to see more of is tournaments and just generally play times. I hope to do my part to aid in this end. The calendar is a great idea and it is where I went to find tournaments. However, when someone posts a tournament I think it should be clearer that they also need to post it in the calendar as well.

How does it feel to be the Member of the Week?

Well originally when I got the message I thought it must have been a mislabeled message, so I was quite surprised. I’m really happy people like what I am trying to give to the community and I really hope to keep giving it all I can in the future. When you’re a mapmaker it’s always really good to get feedback and I’ll take this honor as some good feedback for my actions. So once again thank you and I look forward to working even more with the HaloTracks community in many Halo games to come!

Do you have any Goals for HaloTracks?

Well one of my goals is to host more and more tournaments. I think they are a great way for people to enjoy some friendly competition while meeting others who want to race. As I’m in school I have a pretty erratic schedule so it is hard for me to plan to be around for these tournaments. But I guess the underlying goal of joining the site is to have fun.

When you depart from HaloTracks, what do you hope to be remembered as?

Well I know as long as I can race in Halo games I’ll be around. Maybe Halo Kart? A man can dream. But in all honesty the community so far has been really good to me and I can only hope to return the favor. I hope I can host some memorable tournaments, create some memorable maps and generally assist in others having a good time.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!

This post has been promoted to an article

This was a very well done interview, good job spencer, you are a great addition to the site and have been fun to race with. looking forward to racing you in HT Fusion

You remind me of myself back then when I wanted to forge just as good as the rest. :)

Good pick and interview.

Great Interview! i always really enjoy reading about members that I don't know very well.

The calendar is a great idea and it is where I went to find tournaments. However, when someone posts a tournament I think it should be clearer that they also need to post it in the calendar as well.

That won't be an issue when the Tournament system comes out, it will be automatic.

wow thanks a lot everyone. I hope to keep being an asset to this site. I have 4 more maps I have been repeatedly testing and hoping to release this week. I may be going home next weekend too, however if I don't then you can look forward to a tournament. I hope to keep hosting more and more!