Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smm2010

Water Logged V2

5 posts in this topic

WL.jpg

(Winner of the New Members Tourney Forge Contest)

Creator: xXEnr4gedHoboXx

Track Name: Water Logged V2

Map Name: Forge World

Gametype Supported: Race

Description:

Welcome to Water Logged. This is my newest map, forged specifically for the New Member's Tourney Forging Contest. From first look this track can seem kind of confusing due to areas were three different parts of the track become side by side. In all reality it is fast paced and fun. This sky track built in the lagoon, features some long smooth banked turns that overlap each other, multiple tight "square banks" and some interesting aesthetics. The theme of this track is a deserted village built at sea, the track represents the twisting roads that were part of this village when it was thriving. Some of the aesthetic s featured include rock tunnels, random "buildings" glass covered streets and more. The track being designed for the above contest, has an excellent flow and it is very easy to find a good racing line.

Track Information:

• Average Lap Time 1:25 non-competitive 1:35 competitive
  • Number Checkpoints: 16 total
  • Racers Supported: Full support for 16 with starting area off to the side.
  • Buildings Double as judging areas if need be as they provide excellent views of the track.
  • I used Juicy to brighten the track up.

Now for those visual learning people out there. (this means picture time)

Pictures:

WLTurn9.jpg

WL.jpg

What inspired your creation?

Well I was just gonna forge and kinda mess around to see what I could come up with. Then I saw the map skittles made for the New Members Tourney Forging Contest and thought it was great, so this is my track in hopes of besting the map that he used to best my previous entry. So my true inspiration was skittles, thank man :p

How long did it take you to create this track?

Well around 9 hours, Made the base layout in about 4 with some simpler aesthetics, then I spent another 3 working on a longer version where I added 4 more turns and a bridge. add around 2 more hours just racing and tweaking this final version.

What aspect took the longest to create?

A. In all reality the aesthetics took the longest since I wanted to make the track layout as best as possible, I ran out of building block, bridges/platforms and only have maybe 4 walls left. I had to rely heavily on buildings and the ultra expensive decorations( come on 50 dollars for a glass cover?!?!) which means I also ran the budget down, all the way to like 230 dollars. I still like the way it turned out, I just wish I could of added more to it.

Download Here

This post has been promoted to an article

I thought there was supposed to be a community voting for this contest. Oh well, haha nice job Hobo you deserved it ;)

Thanks Ionized, I was under the influence that there was gonna be a vote as well. but thanks regardless

Deadlines

Map submissions: October 2nd 2010 - November 9th 2010

Judging: November 10th 2010 - November 17th 2010

Result Release: November 18th 2010