Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
katancik

[Interview] Member of the Week #4: Vaccarelli

11 posts in this topic

Posted Image

Hello HaloTracks, it's that time of week again. This week the man in the spotlight is . He is a great mapmaker, in fact he's an elite mapmaker specializing in sky and SX tracks, as well as an active member in the community. So welcome to Member of the Week!

1. What got you interested in HaloTracks?

Well I didn't really get into forging until about 2 years after Halo 3 came out. I really got into racetracks when my friend showed me a track he made. I thought it was a pretty cool idea. I then saw Rogue Shaddo's tracks on Bungie Fav's and thought that they were incredible. I was inspired to try to make racetracks from that point on. So I looked up some videos of racetracks and some tips to help me since I was clueless on how to forge at the time. The racetrack videos led me here when I started looking up some of the great track makers. Ever since I joined I've improved on my track making by looking at other tracks around the community.

2. What got you so interested in forge?

As I said before, Rogue Shaddo really inspired me to my racetrack-making. Watching the videos of tracks on youtube and looking at other maps around the site really helped me branch off from simple forge techniques like stacking blocks. Before I actually joined HT I learned how to ghost merge. At the time I thought that was the only possible way to forge such smooth tracks so I stuck with it. Ghost merging in Halo 3 gave me an advantage, or "head start", for the Halo Reach forging. The forging in Reach I think is 100x's better and easier.

3. How is it being Elite Map Maker?

Receiving the rank of an Elite Mapmaker was quite an honor. I was quite surprised to receive this rank. I felt that I had accomplished my goal of becoming as good of a map maker as Rogue Shaddo was in Halo 3. The only thing I need to do in order to keep the rank is to create 2 tracks a month, which I'm pretty sure I can handle doing.

4. What do you think has been your best creation and your most failed creation?

My best creation I would say is Alpinestar SX. I believe that this shows my best work because supercross tracks require a lot of constant testing and tweaking. I have really gotten into making supercross tracks because they can be fun and competitive for all racers. One of my most failed creations was a track called Alerion. It wasn't awful but it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be since it was one of my early racetracks. It was smooth but didn't have much excitement.

5. Do you have any goals for yourself here on HaloTracks?

One goal that I have for HT is to hopefully and eventually become a Head of Maps. It seems like one of the most active staff positions to acquire. But I myself don't feel that I am ready for this responsibility. I am also a memeber of HT Supercross. I hopefully plan on releasing many more SX tracks that can be used in the tournaments.

6. What is it that you do on your free time?

Some hobbies and sports I do In my free time, other than forge, are basketball, guitar, flatland biking, and in the winter, Snowboarding! I have been snowboarding for almost 10 years now and just love it. I die for snow every year since I dont get as much as I hope for. To make the most out of it I usually go up to Vermont for a week with my buds. I also plan on making a video of the entire snowboard season this year with my friends.

7. How does it feel to be recognized as Member of the Week?

Being recognized as Member of the Week makes me feel like I have accomplished a lot the past few weeks. The past month or so I became Distinguished, Elite Mapmaker, and now this. It's a lot to take in at once, lol.

8. What are some thoughts you have on the newer maps that have been created?

I really like some of the new styles of tracks that some people around the community have been creating. The biggest style that I've seen becoming more popular are the city maps. I didn't really know what to think of them at first but now I've really started to grow on them. They're definitely more of competitive racing maps, other than skytracks where they can get a bit boring.

9. What are your thoughts of the New tournament system?

I'm really not too sure what the New Tournament system is, or going to be. ( I don't know if it has already taken place lol.) But I'm sure it will be just as awesome or probably even better than it was before.

10. So, it's a tradition, when you leave HaloTracks, what do you want to be remembered as, or for?

When I leave Halotracks I would like to be remembered for what I do best, making smooth and thrilling racetracks. I won't be leaving any time soon, so for now I am here to stay. ;)

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!

Click here to view the article

Another great interview Journalists. Congrats on all the ranks you have received.

Where in Vermont do you go snowboarding?

Great interview, Ionized. Glad to have you as part of the Elite Mapmaker team. :)

Another great interview Journalists. Congrats on all the ranks you have received.

Where in Vermont do you go snowboarding?

Thanks, and I usually go to Bromley or Straton.

best supercross map maker EVER.

im going to be the first one to say it in a new topic but you guys need a new banner.

I've been making a new one for this. Trust me, you aren't the first one to say that :p. You deserved this one Ionized, I love how we have an Elite Map Maker representing HT Supercross. Something I never thought I'd see happen, since the Heads are tightly demo oriented. Congrats on this interview, I'm looking forward to your Supercross tracks in the future! As well as making sure you're eating my dust on your own tracks, cuz I know it makes you cry... Just kidding.

Thanks, and I usually go to Bromley or Straton.

Ahh, my friend live like 25 minutes east of Straton. He keeps inviting me to come down