PurpleDinosaur

Diversity in Skytracks

26 posts in this topic

yeah i totally agree but wtih the addition of phased objects i feel that hybrids r going to be the more prominent type of skytrack just simply based on the fact that they are simply more competitive. personally i think i would be a great idea to make a track that displays a little bit of everything from sx to tournament to sky and etc.if someone can pull that off i think that the map could be really impressive

I enjoy skytracks the way they are but i feel more creative skytrack one that does more than other skytracks would be very cool.

I'm sure everyone here has had this discussion. Halo 3 was about being good at forging, which is why we made similar maps. We stuck to what we were good at and people generally liked it because it was quality forging. Now, in Reach, everyone can forge. So creativity and originality are a lot bigger factors than they were in H3. I'm not sure that combining genres is the answer, but you just need to think up something creative to do, and build it from there. I personally think it's a good thing. Real quality racetracks nowadays have amazing features to complement their excellent forging. Obviously, this makes it more difficult to create a GREAT track, but the phrase "healthy competition" springs to mind. Since more people than ever can make good tracks, it pushes the great forgers to make bigger and better maps. Plain smooth double-wide tracks are never going to be received the same with the release of Reach's forge, and while that is slightly depressing, I'm not gonna look back.

P.S. Nice link! What a great pic!