Yugnoswam

Media Lessons

favorite leg. map to forge?   27 members have voted

1. 1. Whats you favorite leg. map to forge?

• Ghost Town
    • Avalanche
    • Blackout

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Hello, myself and HLG Bellyhop94 are currently attempting to create something called a Virtual Machine (VM), this is a computer operating system on an existing operating system, sort of like dual boot but in one. We are going to put this on a Virtual Private Network (VPN), this will allow multiple people to access the virtual machine all at once but the admin of that machine can set who can move the mouse or use the keyboard. Effectively this will mean that it would be like a bunch of people sat at one computer except you won't have to fly half way across the world.

We are setting this up for HaloTracks members to teach some media lessons and other halotracks related things which are yet to be announced. What we would like to know is how many people would be interested in taking these 'classes' to learn these things? It would be much better than using a tutorial as you can ask questions and have them answered immediately, also with small groups we can allow you to then do what we have taught and correct any mistakes so that can learn from it.

Please reply to the poll and leave any comments. Thank you.

The question is how safe it is. Anyone could jump on and hijack that system if they wanted.

Btw, I'm not interested, I just wanted to say.

What would you be teaching? Would it be stuff like PS or Video Editing? I would also ask the same thing as Swat. How safe would it be? I do think this is a good idea though and would probably participate in the classes.

Sorry ecaracer, it's not a job or team, just something we (me and belly) wanted to do. We have made it so you cannot access any admin settings, or download anything from the internet onto the system. Also, it is a virtual system which means nothing from that can be transferred from there to your computer or the hosts computer.

Yes you can. What we will do is save all of the files to the virtual machine then when the lesson is over, we will transfer them over to the host computer where we can then send them to you. We don't allow transfers to/from the computer from other people as someone may wish to attack the machine with a virus.