Remember in the golden days of Hardcore racing when maps were well-made, balanced and fast paced? Yep; so do I. Due to the neglect of these old traditions in Reach, far too few hardcore tracks were made and released, with most of them consisting of ridiculous amount of obstacles that ruin the fast pace that it should contain. This re-revival challenge is rather simple; create a Hardcore track that will have everyone come back for more instead of dreading the god-forbidden race ahead of them.
Rules and Regulations
- The track(s) must be made by you. Please list the people who made it if more than one person made the track with you.
- The track may be made on Forge World, Ridgeline or Tempest.
- Your track is to have three elements in which to to be judged on:
- Quality: The track must be race-able, period.
- Traps/Obstacles: Don't overflow the map with traps or obstacles that will ruin the fast pace of a Hardcore race. You can even add in a theme that will interact with the track itself.
- Originality: Come up with an interesting track layout or create some traps that are rarely implemented. Go crazy with your ideas!
- You are not allowed to submit maps after the map submissions deadline.
- Allowing people to secretly use your track will result in the track being thrown out of the contest.
- For the sake of reviving one of our best gametypes ever made, you can submit as many maps as you want. Keep in mind, however, that if two of your tracks make it into the top four for feature voting, only one of them will be selected in terms of the highest score.
Map Submissions: Due by July 14th
Judging Period: July 15th - July 17th
Community Voting: July 18th - July 24th
Judging, Voting, and Prizes:
- 1st: Map Featured, 200 points
- 2nd: 100 points
- 3rd: 50 points
Judging will be done by the HaloTracks staff. They will grade the maps on how they meet the criteria, with a scale between 1-5, five being the best score. All their scores will be averaged into one whole score for each map.
Voting will be taking place after the Judging Period. This will be the featured map process. The tracks being voted will be the 4 tracks with the highest average scores from judging.
Format for Registering:
[b]Author(s):[/b] [b]Name of Map: [/b] [b]Overview Picture (if you can add one)[/b]
Y'all know what to do. Time to get started.