Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phoenix66

Paintball, anybody?

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I was just wondering, as the title implies, if anyone here plays or likes watching the amazing sport of paintball? I myself have been playing on and off for about 2 years, and I'm loving every minute of it. I am playing at Extreme Kombat in Raleigh, NC on Saturday, and I was wondering if anyone had any experiences theyd like to share, descriptions of guns, etc. Id be more than happy to share mine if anyone wants to discuss. Cheers!

-Phoenix

Edited by Phoenix66

how cheap is a decent tourney level gun(for speedball). I haven't balled for about 10 years now, and I remember that right around the time I left, smartparts Ions had jus debuted.

Also, what's your setup?

I have played it a few times with mates, hiring guns and equipment there. I have never played it seriously. But I do enjoy it a lot when I do play.

I went once

I got shot in the mouth, eye, and neck which was one of the most painful things ever

k bye

I suggest you dress in layers, so you don't paint raped, other than that just practice at your closest paintball arena. Good Luck

I usually wear a light sweater and track-pants, clothes that easy to maneuver while providing a layer to provide some sort of protection. I haven't played it seriously, usually just with a group of friends.

It's been a while since I've played. I used to do tournaments back in what I consider, "the day." We were an average 7-man. Not excellent, not terrible, but we were respected. I plan on getting back into it again, though I won't be going in with an Ego this time around. I have to start over... I'm thinking Etek and go on from there. Being from San Diego, you know who I go for. I used to be kinda close to a few of the Dynasty players. Not anymore though, the ones I knew aren't on the team anymore.

how cheap is a decent tourney level gun(for speedball). I haven't balled for about 10 years now, and I remember that right around the time I left, smartparts Ions had jus debuted.

Also, what's your setup?

A decent and inexpensive option would be either the Dangerous Power G4 or Invert Mini, based on personal preference. Combine either of those with a decent air tank, either 3000 or 4500 psi and an Invert Halo Too loader, and you are good to go. My set up is pretty average right now. I have a 98C with a stock and a cyclone feed system. I also have a 22 inch barrel that I regret buying. Totally not worth it, and it has the turning radius of an 18 wheeler.

Holy crap? Why would you ever need a 22 inch barrel? Unless you're a huge scenario player, and you need some extra range... But still, gyad, dayum.

Anyone getting into the sport, go with the DM12. Such a cheap marker.

every year for my cousins birthday we go paint balling, I usually ending up shooting my teammate in the back of the neck. But I plan on saving some money and buying a Barret 50 cal sniper and camp in the back.