Having trouble in your bowels?
Want to read a lot of vowels?
There's no more need to constipate,
Masta is here with a brand new update.
Sharing is Caring
343 Industries have finally gotten file shares back up and running through the Halo Waypoint website. You can now download and share maps just like before so make sure you post all the maps you made during the file share downtime. The file share space has also been raised to 24 slots for everybody.
343 Industries said:
For now, let’s go over the basics of how to use the Halo: Reach File Browser.
To access your personal Halo: Reach File Share, log into Halo Waypoint and click the down arrow at the top of the screen (the one just to the right of your super 1337 gamertag). After pulling down your Career menu, select the third box, titled File Share. There you will find the screenshots, game types, films and map variants you’ve uploaded to your File Share.
From your personal Halo: Reach File Share page, you can also view your File Sets, download history, and tag history by selecting the applicable options from the drop-down menu.
When you select an individual file, you can see the name of the file, along with the rest of its metadata (description, author, and date taken). There are several actions you can take from this page, depending on the file type: Send to Xbox, Download/View Full, Add File to your File Share, Report as Offensive (cue Rule 34), and Like. You can also email, Tweet, and Facebook the file, should you so desire (I know people totally dig seeing their feeds full of Halo: Reach files. True story)
To copy the direct link to your map you need to go to your file share, select the image of the file and then use the link of this page.
Recent screenshots have also returned. These can be found in the scroll down menu in your service record.
For easy access to other people’s file shares, you can now click the Halo Reach symbol that appears under the name on the left of every post.
Halo 4 Forge
At the recent RTX event some information about the Halo 4 forge system has finally been revealed. It has a lot of new features that will make forging easier and better.
Demo showing off the new forge:
Racetracks were confirmed in the video so it’s nice to know we have a future.
List of all the confirmed features in Halo 4 forge:
- $1,000,000 budget: Halo 4′s Forge features a much larger budget.
- 3 Forge Environments: Halo 4 will ship with 3 unique Forge environments.
- Object Highlighting - Now objects will be highlighted while hovering over them, which is an attempt to address the issue of not knowing which piece you are grabbing.
- Piece-locking: Forgers now have the option to lock pieces in place, preventing them from being moved or deleted until unlocked.
- “Duplicate Object” feature: Forgers can now duplicate pieces without scrolling through the object menus to spawn the same object.
- Object-magnetism: Forgers now have the option to turn on Object magnetism, which gives Forge pieces magnetic properties in order to allow Forgers to “snap” pieces to each other with more ease and precision.
- Dynamic Lighting: Objects are more responsive to the dynamic lighting of the base map, while also having the pieces themselves cast shadows.
- Player Trait Zones: Forgers can now place up to four “Player Trait Zones”, which allow Forgers to essentially create a new setting set that will affect players within the zones. This feature has infinite possibilities, including the ability to create a low-gravity zone or an invincibility zone.
Rise of the Squads
Squads have made a triumphant return to HaloTracks. Through a chain reaction of nostalgia and jealousy, a lot of the most popular squads have come back. These squads will be hosting frequent tournaments in specialised types of racing.
Jeffh and Purpledinosaur are bringing back HT Supercross for a season before Halo 4. Keep an eye out because it is starting soon.
Hardcore racing is back under the lead of Masta Hippie with weekly tournaments in Halo 3 and Halo Reach. Hardcore racing is a difficult type of racing that involves surviving traps and wrecking other racers. The founders of HT Hardcore (Taxxman and Sprintfuzion) have also returned with an exciting new type of simple Reach HC tracks that will make this squad even more fun.
Mad Hatter has brought back Velocity with classic terrain races in Halo 3. This is a very competitive squad so you will need to race well in a recruiting tourney to be accepted into the squad.
Deano is Super and Mad Hatter are reviving demo racing with classic demo carnage in Halo 3 and special events in Halo Reach. Demo racing involves 2 teams with 1 racer each and some blockers that try to wreck the other team’s racer. The first tournament is on this Saturday so make sure you sign up and join the fun.
Moto, Zerker Mafia and Smm2010 are bringing back HT Nitro. Nitro involves tournaments that feature every single type of racing. The full list of track types includes; sky, terrain, battle tracks, hardcore, demo, supercross, savage tracks, city, roller derby and for some reason mini games. If you enjoy playing a bit of everything, then this squad is for you!
Formula 1TM 2012
Technically F1 has been back as long as HT has but it wouldn’t be fair if they didn’t get a mention too. Unfortunately I know nothing about the squad except that they race on realistic F1 tracks so it’s probably best that you just go check it out for yourselves.
HT Destruction is a brand new squad run by llehctim4. It will feature every kind of destructive racing such as demo racing, battle tracks, rocket race, savage tracks, rocket hog race and roller derby. If you enjoy killing just as much as racing then this is the squad for you!
A sexy new blue rank has been created for the team of people that will do all the coding for the site. This coding team currently consists of Mad Hatter, Zerker Mafia and Autonamus from Black Water Ops. They will fix bugs and develop some awesome new features for the site. Keep in mind that they are volunteers so give them your full gratitude for giving up their time to make HT better.
Big Things to Come
Now that we have some coding experts, big plans have been made for new and revamped features. HT will become better than ever. Here are some teasers of what’s to come:
- A remade tournament system
- A squad app system to give squads a better home
- Store items such as HT posters that can be brought using HT points
- Official tournaments with sweet prizes such as MS points and a HD PVR
- A brand new skin
- Hugs from Masta. Just kidding you can have hugs now.
All these changes are planned to be ready before the release of Halo 4. Stay tuned for more info.