Swatspeedman

Getting bored of gaming?

24 posts in this topic

Over the last few months, perhaps nearly the last year I've found myself getting bored of gaming. I built my own PC thinking it was just the aspect of the community on the console being shit atm but that has failed and I my self sick of gaming as a whole now. The only games I'm finding to be of any interest that are upcoming are Borderlands 2, Halo 4 and most importantly, Assassins Creed 3. I haven't picked up any of this past year's big release games as I just have no ambition of playing them. No Max Payne, no MW3, no Skyrim and I'm hearing quite a few people saying they're getting bored as well and I was wondering if it was anyone here? I believe the thing that's really boring me is the 'same shit' attitude of games developers at the moment as well as anybody else I've talked to who is getting bored. However, despite this being my hypothesis, I'm not even playing the 'same shit' games that I do own that much either as I just can't be bothered. I'm really hoping I'm not the only person and that I'm weird or anything...

2 people like this

I am, as well. It's just the dry spell for new games, though, for me. I'm really looking forward to Sleeping Dogs on Aug 14th, and from there, I'll have a new game each month, so I'll be set. It is kinda weird that I have all these different types of games and none sound appealing to me. I've just been watching Achievement Hunter Let's Play's cuz those guys are funny as funk.

I usually don't get bored. I might if I gamed as much as I used to, but a couple years back I decided that gaming should be purely for having fun. In short, I took it too seriously (but we all do when we're 16). So that's the way I see games. An escape from reality and a chance to have fun with friends. I will admit though, if it weren't for LIVE, the gaming would be extremely boring. Even when a game gets boring though, I still try to find a way of having fun in it. I get made fun of for playing my OG Xbox games still, lol.

if i ever feel bored i imagine that i'm stuck prisoner in a concentration camp in poland and i instantly enjoy whatever i'm playing a lot more

its just your perspective of the game or games your playing, when your younger you imagine more and find games wonderous

you could always play some crappy indie games, make you appreciate what you have more?

1 person likes this

Games made these days have no "True skill" function, so your getting bored always going up.

That is why i liked halo 2-3, becuase it had a true skill system, where i played to get to the top, but always had a chance of going down. If you went down, going up was what you wanted more and more.

You could just get laid too. :)

Thats my opinion.

Yeah, gaming to me gets pretty repetitive but I really had nothing else to do with my time. But since my mic broke back in March I'm barely ever on my Xbox, like once every few weeks and I'm not a PC gamer. Gaming just doesnt have that feel anymore, its the not the same anyone know what I mean or am I speaking gibberish?