"High Speed Time Trials" requires contestants to race and compete for best lap times.
At the start of this event on August 26, 2012 @ 12PM PDT, oObeX will reveal 6 Race maps. On September 2, 2012 @ 12PM PDT, oObeX will reveal 6 more Race maps. There will be 12 Race maps in total, and 6 will require all of Halo: Reach DLC (Noble Map Pack, Defiant Map Pack, and Anniversary Map Pack).
1. There are two groups of Race maps; one is for DLC and the second is for Vanilla maps available on-disc for Halo: Reach. Download all the maps currently revealed in oObeX's File Share: http://halo.xbox.com...beX/fileshare/. You can also use this short link to go to the High Speed Time Trials File Set: http://tiny.cc/hstt
2. To play any of the Race maps, you must use the High Speed Time Trials gametype found here: http://halo.xbox.com...etails/30327401
3. Submit a film clip of your personal best lap time to oObeX in this thread, or via PM, or via Xbox Live with a link to the file via halo.xbox.com or Halo: Reach File Share in-game, and notify oObeX of your Gamertag.
Make sure you start the video at least 5 seconds before the start of the best lap, and at least 5 seconds after the end of the best lap. If you submit film from an entire racing session with more laps than the one best lap, the video will be ignored. Please save a film clip showing your best lap only. Note: you MUST submit a film clip from your own local files (you must be the original author). You must race in local mode (solo) for results to be eligible for this contest.
4. A Grand Prize of 1600 Microsoft Points will be awarded to the best racer in the DLC Circuit, and also the Vanilla Circuit. It may be possible to snag both prizes for a total of 3200 Microsoft Points; but, that is if anyone is good enough to top the charts in both circuits.
Racers must have registered a lap time for all 6 Race maps in a circuit to be eligible to win any prizes. After tallying up all of the best lap times per racer per map per circuit, the racer to have the fastest best lap times in total will be the winner for whichever circuit is being considered.
5. You can submit an unlimited number of film clips to oObeX to improve your best lap time. Do not be afraid to submit a film clip that has the same number of seconds shown in-game in Halo: Reach. If you feel that you have done better than any of your previous attempts, oObeX will be able to determine your lap time to the exact 1/100th second using an Ultrak 360 Sport Stopwatch. oObeX will start and stop lap times when the player's body has crossed the start and finish line. oObeX will need to verify and confirm the exact time for each racer's best lap time by calculating an "average" from 6 playthroughs.
Lap times in-game and "in real life" are different because the timer has some flaws in the Race gametype for Halo: Reach, so I'm using a professional sport stopwatch to record an exact time based on my perspective. All lap times will be recorded as best as I can, with as much accuracy as possible.
6. Racers must NOT be "on foot for too long" in-game. If you receive this message during a lap, the lap time will be disqualified and you can try for your best lap time next lap.
7. The Gamertag of each racer will be registered in the list of best lap times, and you will be contacted by oObeX to know what lap time you got.
8. If oObeX earns the fastest best lap times in total, the Grand Prize will be passed onto the second place winner.
9. Contestants who have submitted a film clip for all 6 Race maps in the DLC Circuit or Vanilla Circuit will be eligible to win additional bonus prizes. A draw from a hat will occur at the end of this event.
10. High Speed Time Trials ends on September 16, 2012 @ 11:59:59PM PDT.
TL;DR Download the High Speed Time Trials gametype by clicking here. Race on the maps shown below and submit a film clip to oObeX showing only your best lap. Contestants must submit a lap time for all 6 Race maps in the DLC Circuit or Vanilla Circuit to be eligible to win any prizes. The racer with the fastest best lap times in total for the DLC Circuit or Vanilla Circuit will win 1600 Microsoft Points. It may be possible to win both Grand Prizes.
The first 6 of 12 Race maps will be revealed on August 26, 2012 @ 12PM PDT, and the last 6 will be revealed on September 2, 2012 @ 12PM PDT. High Speed Time Trials ends on September 16, 2012 @ 11:59:59PM PDT.
This post has been edited by oObeX: 15 September 2012 - 07:16 PM