Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CoookkieMonster

Tutorial on smooth banked turns and hills

9 posts in this topic

Hello HaloTracks. A lot of people are having trouble getting their maps smooth in this game without the precision tool we have in Halo: Reach. I made a video tutorial showing you what pieces are best to use and how to make banked turns and smooth hills.

Peices that are effective for smooth, doublewide skytracks:

-Block 2x4

-Wall Double

-Ramp Extra Large

-Stunt Ramp

- Glass Cover

-Some map-specific pieces, and some various buildings and bridge pieces

Here is the video below, I hope it is informative and helpful:

1 person likes this

This is exactly why that unannounced feature will be coming out. People like Cookie are on fire with this stuff. Another great topic, feel free to pin it!

Thanks a lot Jeff! And oh yeah I can pin it myself now! I will be making more tutorials, so hopefully these will prepare map makers better for when they apply. This way, people can literally see exactly how to make their maps and see exactly what good maps should look like before applying.

You could add short tunnels, if you want, to that list of pieces you got there since they are also double wide in this game.

You could add short tunnels, if you want, to that list of pieces you got there since they are also double wide in this game.

Oh I didn't know about that, thanks Ionized!

coookkie! Platform y cross larges work very well and also the underside of the dominion scorpion vehicle pads! they are very easy to work with