PurpleDinosaur

HTSX - Season 5

23 posts in this topic

It depends how long the races are going to be, if they're about half an hour long, I can probably do 5:00 PM EST (10PM here), and Yugno said he could do about until 5 EST, so that would probably be better, as long as cookie is willing to get up a bit earlier.

Also, I know gogeta (from the Netherlands) wants to race too, so anything later than about 5 EST he almost certainly wouldn't be able to make.

It depends how long the races are going to be, if they're about half an hour long, I can probably do 5:00 PM EST (10PM here), and Yugno said he could do about until 5 EST, so that would probably be better, as long as cookie is willing to get up a bit earlier.

Also, I know gogeta (from the Netherlands) wants to race too, so anything later than about 5 EST he almost certainly wouldn't be able to make.

If the races last more than 2 hours then 4EST is the latest I could do.

Well depending on sign ups why dont we do two races. One for the outside US timers and those who cant make the race and then one for the others. Would this be better. Just an idea by the way

In a squad where score matters, having multiple races of the same race has the possibility of an unfair advantage if one race has less signups than the other. The best racers should go head to head, with only the best of that race being on top. It wouldn't be fair to someone that had a hard win in a race with 14 people, to all of a sudden be tied with someone who may or may not be as good as he is that won in a lobby of only 10 people. Unless we run a dedicated European league that a LOT of people are asking for, it's better to try to fit everyone in. Which is more than possible.

If anyone has an issue with 5:00 PM EST, let me know. This seems to be the middle ground in the realm of possibility for ensuring the most amount of people get a fair chance to race.

I can't see them being more than an hour at the start of the season. As we get more exposure and more people to HT, if we run qualifiers then I'd say 2 hours or so. When it gets to that point, we can adjust the times again to meet as many schedules as possible. Primarily, I'm just concerned with the now rather than what we may have to do in the future.

I'm fine for up to 2 hours after 5est. As long as its not like season 3 where it takes hours to setup for a 20 minute race >.<

What if we alternate times every race? A race on one Saturday can be at 4:00 PM EST, to accommodate Euro dudes more and the next race would be at 5:00 PM EST, to accommodate the AUS/Oceana dudes more. The plus is that it's still possible for both regions to make a race if they can, but one date would screw over the other, less. It's a tight squeeze either way. More so for European time zones due to it being late.