• Tall Glass Of Man!
  • Group: Distinguished

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Starside HallPosted Image

Creator: WhiskeyWarm
Track Name: Starside Hall
Map Name: Impact
Supported Gametypes: RACETRACKS, Demotracks
Description: This is the winner of the Demo Track Build Off! This track is one large structure designed for demo. There are many shortcuts that allow you to cut to different parts of the track, ultimately allowing multiple blocks per lap. Some of the best features are a bridge that blockers can push racers off of, an invisible bridge that blockers can bounce across from one side of the track to the other, an elevator that helps blockers to get from floor to floor, and an outdoor area with several shortcuts connecting to it and his name written on the floor!
Download Link: Click Here
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Interview
What inspired your creation?Pure and simple my inspiration for this track was GravStation by purpledinosaur0. It was the best demo map I had played in H4 and wanted to make something that went along the same lines. Specifically I liked that the map felt like one structure, had a uncomplicated but interesting route and lastly had many different areas and methods of blocking and dodging. Verticality was another great feature and I tried to encompass all of these things.
I also knew I wanted to make the map planned around blockers and their shortcuts, and for it to be part of the aesthetic (which is 25% of what makes a good Demo map). The layout I created was simple and allowed for the kind of shortcuts I wanted. It was important to me to make the map feel like an actual building, which blockers had more freedom to explore. Furthermore I tried hard to balance all the blocking locations to ensure now of them were expressly overpowered.
Lastly I wanted to include certain features: a risky jump, some flying palettes, the 3-way split ramps, a partially bordered bridge (to fall off of) and some good hiding spots for blockers. I feel it all came together well.
About how long did it take you to create?I think it was made over the space of two weeks. It obviously took more time than any of my H4 maps to date. I would say about 15 hours most likely.
What aspect took the longest to get right?Luckily I had a good plan and didn't run into any complications with it. The walls actually took a while, specifically the main room, I had to change them all when I realised I was running out of objects. Elsewhere the palette throw and the blocker lifts took a while to get right. I had to sacrifice getting the lifts to work perfectly for another blocker shortcut, so I had to spend time getting it as good as possible. Towards the end of the build I know I spent a lot of time editing to save budget to add more aesthetics, like the glass windows near the man-cannons and the railings on the balcony. I got pretty lucky with this map, everything seemed to fall in the right place very quickly, definitely a fun forge. I'm glad you guys like it!

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 User is offline   WhiskeyWarm 

• Colonel Grade 3

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Wooo first feature in many years! Thanks guys!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 User is online   Cocky Monster 

• Tall Glass Of Man!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

You deserve it, Whiskey! This track is amazing. The first time I played it, I was mind blown, and knew right then that it was going to win. Congratulations on your first feature in three years, and congratulations on becoming tied as the member with the third most features!
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 User is offline   XreignZ 

• Warrant Officer
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Congrats Whiskey! Just like Cookie my mind was blown when I first saw this map, I could play it all day long :D.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   OrionHardy 

• Otherworldly
  • Group: Map Maker

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Great map Whiskey. The lift short cut for the blockers was a bit iffy on occasions (My mongoose got stuck in once or twice), but apart from that it was great fun. Being able to knock the oppositions racer of the little jump short cut of theirs was always satisfying.

This post has been edited by OrionHardy: 16 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 User is online   Pancacky 

• Moto Extremist

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

It's terrible being a victim of it though :verymad: But great map. Super fun to play!
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Purple Dinosaur 

• HT Supercross Co-Leader

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for the shout out Whiskey. You earned the win.
Posted Image
Image taken from the "PPL Park" HT Supercross Stream

View PostCoookkieMonster, on 03 March 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

The "D" is what defines the "DRL".

#8 User is offline   gogetarulez 

• The Bullet #84
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

View PostPANCAKEMUFFIN, on 15 April 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

It's terrible being a victim of it though :verymad: But great map. Super fun to play!

:trollface:

Congratulations on the feature, Whiskey! This is my favorite Halo 4 Demo map so far! I've played it so many times and I still want to play more of it.
Posted Image Posted Image

View PostPurple Dinosaur, on 14 June 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

Gogetarulez proved himself to be the mightiest bitch

#9 User is offline   Bean05 

• Lt.Colonel Grade 2

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

My favourite Demo track so far! After a couple of times playing this and really getting used to the map its just so much fun! Look forward to playing this tonight!
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users