Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bean05

Electronic Music Thread

91 posts in this topic

Right guys, I want to make this thread in order to share and discover awesome tracks. Whether it be D&B, Dubstep, House, Electro house, whatever... lets share it. Hopefully this thread can be fairly active, I'll try and comment regularly with stuff. I spend most my free time when at home now listening to electronic music and playing Xbox. It's only really in the last year that I've come to enjoy this form of music, I have a fairly broad taste in music and like pretty much anything, Mettalica, Dr Dre, Knife Party, Arctic Monkeys, Rage Against the Machine. As I'm quite new to Electronic music, I don't know a large amount about it, nor do I know a large number of Producers and Artists. I find this so exciting as there is so much to discover! Everyday I come across new songs which I'm instantly in love with and its great. In the last 9 months I've been lucky to see so many amazing performances in Ibiza and back home in the UK at festivals and local events ranging from huge DJ's such as Armin Van Buuren, terrifying Knife Party war zones and Drum and Bass Raves. There is something so amazing about being at any of these that is just incredible and for me matches performances I've seen from the likes of the Foo Fighters, Green Day etc. albeit in a completely different way.

I made this playlist earlier, give it a listen and see if there is anything you like.

Spotify Playlist

***Please share more songs!***

For a point of discussion, how about we share the one act we want to see the most? For me its certainly The Prodigy. Probably because I have a death wish :p

Edited by Bean05

The event I'd love to see in the future is the Shambhala Music Festival held here in Canada. It's one of the biggest electronic music festivals in the world. One thing I'd say though is that electronic music festivals in NA have A LOT less moshing in them (which partially disappoints me) as compared to ones in the UK.

Here's Excision live (best quality I could find, also shows off how calm the crowd is):

Edited by Red

Lindsey Stirling is the most bad*ss violinist to walk on the planet. The first video is a live performance while the rest are amazing videos of her music. 'Merica.

Okzide - Miles Away

This is pretty awesome man. In the UK this sort of stuff I find tends to be less popular and is definately a more of a North American thing. Still freakin' awesome though dude.

The event I'd love to see in the future is the Shambhala Music Festival held here in Canada. It's one of the biggest electronic music festivals in the world. One thing I'd say though is that electronic music festivals in NA have A LOT less moshing in them (which partially disappoints me) as compared to ones in the UK.

Here's Excision live (best quality I could find, also shows off how calm the crowd is):

This Festival looks so amazing and puts out such a great vibe! Everyone is just having a good time. One thing I will say about Moshing is that there is most certaintly a time and place, some people can be ridiculously obnoxious and mosh to anything and it is incredibly annoying. The best moshing atmosphere I've ever been in was at Reading Festival seeing Chaase and Staus, I've neverfelt so close to death in my entire life. They started with no problem, this gets played at every rave night and loads of good club nights over here, everyone there new all the worlds and then when it kicks in it completely went off! The mosh I was in must of had about a 20m radius. They had to stop the song tell everyone to stop because people were getting crushed, terrifying but most definitely one of the best experiences of my life.

Also, I listened to the whole thing and Excision are unreal! So blown away by them, Deviance is such a great track! Listening some more at the moment.

Lindsey Stirling is the most bad*ss violinist to walk on the planet. The first video is a live performance while the rest are amazing videos of her music. 'Merica.

She is indeed bad*ss :p Love the Zelda one, still never sure why she is in blue for it though.

I don't actively listen to electronic, but I usually have it on in the background when playing games. I just go on last.fm and search 'deadmau5'.

Music I usually listen to is stuff like Metallica, Rise Against and SOAD.

Yeah I don't know where I was going with this. Guess you could just say last.fm is a good site? Go there for new music?

I don't actively listen to electronic, but I usually have it on in the background when playing games. I just go on last.fm and search 'deadmau5'.

Music I usually listen to is stuff like Metallica, Rise Against and SOAD.

Yeah I don't know where I was going with this. Guess you could just say last.fm is a good site? Go there for new music?

Last Fm is pretty sweet, I haven't used it recently so thanks for the idea!

Also deadmau5 is so so good.

This Festival looks so amazing and puts out such a great vibe! Everyone is just having a good time. One thing I will say about Moshing is that there is most certaintly a time and place, some people can be ridiculously obnoxious and mosh to anything and it is incredibly annoying. The best moshing atmosphere I've ever been in was at Reading Festival seeing Chaase and Staus, I've neverfelt so close to death in my entire life. They started with no problem, this gets played at every rave night and loads of good club nights over here, everyone there new all the worlds and then when it kicks in it completely went off! The mosh I was in must of had about a 20m radius. They had to stop the song tell everyone to stop because people were getting crushed, terrifying but most definitely one of the best experiences of my life.

Also, I listened to the whole thing and Excision are unreal! So blown away by them, Deviance is such a great track! Listening some more at the moment.

I'd definitely agree about the moshing thing. Here is a link to Excisions mix of some of the tracks played on the main stage at the event. The video side of it is a bit insane though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFd7MHcYW1o

I'd definitely agree about the moshing thing. Here is a link to Excisions mix of some of the tracks played on the main stage at the event. The video side of it is a bit insane though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFd7MHcYW1o

Without doubt the greatest video of all time!!! This is the best thing ever ahhahaahahaha! I would lose my shit if I saw this live! If they had this video behind the DJ's it would be unreal! The music is really good, now a must see for me :thumbsup:

EDIT: I could listen to this forever, awesome the entire way through!

Edited by Bean05

Without doubt the greatest video of all time!!! This is the best thing ever ahhahaahahaha! I would lose my shit if I saw this live! If they had this video behind the DJ's it would be unreal! The music is really good, now a must see for me :thumbsup:

I might have already gone to see it already but it's a 19+ event. :(