Mrs StarStrukk

DRL Season Points-Leaderboard Example & Discussion

89 posts in this topic

I see what point you are trying to make Cookie but DRL isn't the ONLY squad that allows wrecking and Walking Dead isn't the ONLY show on TV with Zombies lol

They are the only ones of either category that I have ever heard of, and are by a mile the biggest of their kind in either category, and as such are expected to be centralized around said unique quality, and thus ought to deliver the importance of that quality.

Take the Dirty out of the DRL and you might as well change the name. Keep the DRL dirty, and start another squad for clean racing. I think what Star did here is a good thing, and I think before you guys reject her hard work and wonderful ideas, you should give them a shot on the track. I guarantee it'll make Wolf's and CoookkieMonster's start to place better and not ask Bean if he sees that rock before the race even starts, and will make Whiskey's and Gogeta's start to be much more violent and abusive to their opponents as opposed to just zooming right to first and never leaving.

In order for your dirtiness to mean anything, you have to try and place well, so you can't be a Wolf and just sit there to wait for Rob and make him shout, but in order for your position to mean anything, you can't just sneak up to the front, you have to wreck your way there. This will change the game I think and will make everyone a nice balance of competitive and dirty, as opposed to us all being mostly one sided. It'll finally balance the DRL perfectly, so give this a shot.

Just to make everyone feel great lets watch some SeaNanners! :turned:

Seananners is the best lol

They are the only ones of either category that I have ever heard of, and are by a mile the biggest of their kind in either category, and as such are expected to be centralized around said unique quality, and thus ought to deliver the importance of that quality.

Take the Dirty out of the DRL and you might as well change the name. Keep the DRL dirty, and start another squad for clean racing. I think what Star did here is a good thing, and I think before you guys reject her hard work and wonderful ideas, you should give them a shot on the track. I guarantee it'll make Wolf's and CoookkieMonster's start to place better, and will make Whiskey's and Gogeta's start to be much more violent and abusive to their opponents as opposed to just zooming right to first and never leaving.

Nah, Gogeter and WhiskAy were already Aggressive racers :p

<3 both

Technically, it would be the largest series, as that is what it would be known by outside of Halotracks as HT is (from what I know) the only site to name their series under the term "Squads"

Edited by xNJD1x

My final thought. The DRL is the ONLY squad that allows dirty racing, so therefore the dirty racing should matter a lot, it shouldn't be a side matter.

For example, the Walking Dead is the ONLY zombie show on TV, so when they make it people vs people (like season 3) instead of people vs zombies, it makes it like every other action show on TV, while the uniqueness of it, the zombies, should be the center focus. If you lesson the ONE unique quality of it, the reason people engage in it, then what's the point at all?

This makes the racing competitive, but makes the competitive racing REALLY dirty because you have to wreck a few people before heading to the front of the pack to guarantee you're both dirty and competitive. It's the perfect clash of dirty and racing, which defines the Dirty Racing League!

I understand where others are coming from, generally a RACING league is mostly about RACING, I get that; but in this one DIRTY racing league the dirty need to be just as important as the RACING.

Regardless of the changes that people are requesting, the DRL will have its own one of a kind system anyway, just like any other squad will. Like I said, there is a line to be drawn when you have gone too far and it becomes more about wrecking than actually racing. That line has to be drawn, especially if you are doing a "competitive" season.

Comparing walking dead to the DRL is a little bit irrelevant, because nobody is trying to completely take away wrecking at all.

No, it does not make it competitive. There's a huge difference between making something more competitive and making the skill gap tighter. Making the skill gap tighter will make things more random.

Everyone is criticizing because they want to help the squad. Nobody is trying to take away from the wrecking. I said that the points for both racing and wrecking should not be conflicting with each other and separate from each other. That way the "tryhards" can stay happy and the people who want to wreck each other will be happy too. The drama starts when you try to make one go through the other.

Although I strongly disagree Cassel, I respect your opinion. I've said all I can say and won't argue anymore. (But the Walking Dead didn't completely get rid of zombies either, they just lessened the amount of them, which is why I chose that analogy because that too bothered me lol).

Hopefully the DRL will remain dirty and competitive, but as I urged, give Star's efforts a chance. She clearly cares about this squad and its members, which is why she wants to make a season to keep everyone happy. Best of luck to the situation, and though some of you may still disagree, I hope my opinions gave you something to think about.

Actually, Coookkie, DRL having more members than HTSX is a formality more than anything. We occasionally clean out our members list. If we never removed inactive members, we'd probably have something close to 300 members :p

the_more_you_know_banner.jpgKneelZod.jpeg?1302469710.jpg

"I'm," refers to HT Supercross.

I'm kind of disappointed with the way this topic has progressed. One of the reasons why HTSX has lasted as long as it has is because we listen to a lot of what our members say. Your members usually know what's best for them but you can sometimes add in something a little risky to spice things up a little. Our most recent example of this was the draft, which had a 50/50 chance of either making HT Supercross more intense than ever or utterly destroying our reputation and driving (no pun intended) members away. The fact that the DRL is seeking to become more competitive in nature adds an entirely new set of problems and variables. You guys are venturing into an entirely new domain of racing. It's important to know what your members are looking for.

Addressing the members: There are better ways to get the changes you guys want or to, at the very least, come to a compromise. What I've heard and read so far isn't going to get the job done.

If you guys want my honest opinion, I actually like the idea of having wrecks go towards your points. I do think that it could be set up a little better, though. Which puts me into a healthy, solid middle position here. Everyone makes valid points that, because it's a voting system based off of human votes, the way things are currently set up might make tournament outcomes unfair. If it were my system, I might make the way Dirtiest Racer votes go towards the final point total differently. Maybe every 2 votes earns you a point. Racers that wrecked while being lapped might count against their number of votes somehow. This is all just brainstorming, but I do think that there's a way to make this work.

I'm not going to lock this topic because I want to see things calm down. Please make sure that they do. I'll be actively checking up on this, so keep things civil.

#JeffForPrez

Damn let me just start out by saying no one that was supposedly "AGAINST" the idea was ever a hater. All we (Real Deal, Me, Cassel and others) ever said was critique as I often said in my posts. We were trying to help the squad and not bash it. We never started anything and kept it civil trying to help the squad. Besides that, I can't believe the way that I'm kind of being treated. I'm sorry the majority of the people except for Cookie and Star agreed with Real Deal, Cassel and others. I'm sorry I let my opinion out in trying to help the league. Won't happen again...

Ps. I was just clarifying myself in this post and I probably won't care anymore. I'm not starting anything here either, let that be clear.