Mrs StarStrukk

DRL Season Points-Leaderboard Example & Discussion

89 posts in this topic

I haven't read the entire wall of text yet but I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this specifically. I do know Jeff touched on this a bit though.

If you are in like the bottom 5 in race standings, you aren't Going to want to give your votes to the front runners because they would have the best chance at winning overall. If someome was selfish like that they could just vote for people in the bottom of the standings to give the front runners a lesser chance of winning.

This entire scenario works the same if you were in like 2nd. You would avoid voting for 1st place for sure.

We should just invent a wreck-o-meter that measures how often you wreck during the race. and add one onto each mongoose, and then we can combine the amount of wrecks people get with how well they place. Boom. Now get to work on it.

I kind of agree with Edward though, only in the sense that if everyone isn't going to agree on this you might want to just drop it all together, that might be better then the whole squad divided in two (although that'd be too bad because I think it was an excellent idea).

2 people like this

The only truly fair way to give points for dirtiest racers is to choose them yourself by reviewing the films. This would however involve watching each race 10 times (from the perspective of each racer).

1 person likes this

We should just invent a wreck-o-meter that measures how often you wreck during the race. and add one onto each mongoose, and then we can combine the amount of wrecks people get with how well they place. Boom. Now get to work on it.

I kind of agree with Edward though, only in the sense that if everyone isn't going to agree on this you might want to just drop it all together, that might be better then the whole squad divided in two (although that'd be too bad because I think it was an excellent idea).

The wreck-o-meter almost brings it back to its original roots. Not a bad idea Cookie :) I think though you mean wrecking someone else though :p *My initial thought was you meant yourself included for wrecking something for a moment xD*

Edited by xNJD1x

The wreck-o-meter almost brings it back to its original roots. Not a bad idea Cookie :) I think though you mean wrecking someone else though :p *My initial thought was you meant yourself included for wrecking something for a moment xD*

Not quite sure what you mean, but I do think it would be a good idea.

Not quite sure what you mean, but I do think it would be a good idea.

http://www.halotracks.org/forum/topic/25427-official-drl-challenges/

It almost feels like the wreck-o-meter somewhat follows (lightly) with this.

Now thinking about it, you could always mix both the "Vintage" DRL tournaments (like, original) with the "Competitive" DRL season using some of the ideas requested by the community and make (literally) everyone happy.

Edited by xNJD1x

I honestly feel that this change is pointless. The DRL (in my opinion) is just a kick back and have fun squad that is semi-competitive. But if you really want to make it a little more competitive, you can keep dirty racing and competitive racing separate and add both up separately at the end of the season. Then reward the overall dirtiest racer accordingly, and overall fastest racer accordingly.

I honestly feel that this change is pointless. The DRL (in my opinion) is just a kick back and have fun squad that is semi-competitive. But if you really want to make it a little more competitive, you can keep dirty racing and competitive racing separate and add both up separately at the end of the season. Then reward the overall dirtiest racer accordingly, and overall fastest racer accordingly.

That's a pretty level headed comment in this crazy conversation. Perhaps that could work, but that's basically how it is now.

but that's basically how it is now.

Shhhh senpai. They don't know that.

For realzies though, maybe if you were to do the idea that has been talked about, but just simply make dirty racing be worth less points than normal racing (1/2 the points could work.) maybe someone has already mentioned this idea. I wouldn't know because I showed up late to the party, and I'm too lazy to read all of this because I'm indifferent on the changes. Run it the same as is now, put in seasons, BAM!!! All done.

the problem with the DR votes with how they are is that some people keep track of the votes, with the DR now meaning something people wont vote for certain people. It has happened to me in a regular tournament and i feel that it will be even more flawed if it means something. just my 2 cents tho