Mrs StarStrukk

DRL Season Points-Leaderboard Example & Discussion

89 posts in this topic

the problem with the DR votes with how they are is that some people keep track of the votes, with the DR now meaning something people wont vote for certain people. It has happened to me in a regular tournament and i feel that it will be even more flawed if it means something. just my 2 cents tho

People should send their vote via message and discussing votes should be banned. Simple.

the problem with the DR votes with how they are is that some people keep track of the votes, with the DR now meaning something people wont vote for certain people. It has happened to me in a regular tournament and i feel that it will be even more flawed if it means something. just my 2 cents tho

We are aware that people may try to rig the votes, which is why we are now allowing people to appeal the votes if they feel that someone is not telling the truth about who was most dirty to them. Anyone found to be rigging the votes in this way will be suitably punished (and if someone, for example says they should've got a vote but they didn't even touch the other racer, they will get punished too). Also, if the hosts need to, they can check the film after the tournament to see if someone is not telling the truth about wrecks. We do however hope that this system will not be necessary, because we should be able to trust our members enough to tell the truth about this.

People should send their vote via message and discussing votes should be banned. Simple.

We've thought about this, but this means that if someone doesn't tell the truth in their vote, nobody knows and nobody can appeal it, so this system wouldn't really work :(

We are aware that people may try to rig the votes, which is why we are now allowing people to appeal the votes if they feel that someone is not telling the truth about who was most dirty to them. Anyone found to be rigging the votes in this way will be suitably punished (and if someone, for example says they should've got a vote but they didn't even touch the other racer, they will get punished too). Also, if the hosts need to, they can check the film after the tournament to see if someone is not telling the truth about wrecks. We do however hope that this system will not be necessary, because we should be able to trust our members enough to tell the truth about this.

We've thought about this, but this means that if someone doesn't tell the truth in their vote, nobody knows and nobody can appeal it, so this system wouldn't really work :(

As said by DARKSTAR o72, "You don't need to make contact, just apply pressure towards other drivers." I somewhat feel that I could easily feel more intimidated by a driver all over me, but never makes contact, rather that a driver who takes me out. Or a driver that teases opening for room, then cuts down for the pass. So how would it work in the scenario in the case that no contact was ever made, but physical and mental pressure was applied?

As said by DARKSTAR o72, "You don't need to make contact, just apply pressure towards other drivers." I somewhat feel that I could easily feel more intimidated by a driver all over me, but never makes contact, rather that a driver who takes me out. Or a driver that teases opening for room, then cuts down for the pass. So how would it work in the scenario in the case that no contact was ever made, but physical and mental pressure was applied?

That's a good point, NJD. The hosts would have to be very careful about it, but in some situations (e.g. the people weren't near each other at all in the race, or someone took someone else off a huge jump and put them from 3rd place to last and they were getting really annoyed about it, but they didn't give the vote to that person just because they ruined their race) it's obvious what should happen. And obviously DR is very opinion-based; someone might value several small wrecks compared to one big wreck differently to someone else. But this system would help to at least reduce this issue by a fair amount, and if most of the members are trustworthy already then hopefully the problem will be negligible.

Technically just applying pressure is not "dirty racing". For me it wouldn't justify a vote.

Technically just applying pressure is not "dirty racing". For me it wouldn't justify a vote.

True enough, but coming from a guy that could consider Aggressive racing to be more powerful than Dirty racing, I think the opposite. I'm an Outlaw at heart that's fueled by 94 Octane.

Edited by xNJD1x

I strongly agree with you, dirty racing is taking Bean into a rock, or tail-whipping someone, or causing a pileup, or break checking before a big jump.

Watch my old DRL highlights videos for a taste of truly amazingly dirty racing.

1 person likes this

After seeing the combined 10:10 system in action (via the Preseason leaderboard), the hosts have decided to keep it as it seems to work well and most of the members who've raced in the Preseason like it.