Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeEgan

Season 7 Leaderboards

232 posts in this topic

Season_review.jpg

Season 7 Review

It all started with an idea.

An idea to shape what could become the most successful squad in HaloTracks history. Season 7 was the culmination of all our successes, and a chance for us to see just how far this squad could be pushed.

Teams became an important addition to Season 6, but there was something missing. If we (Purple and Jeff) were to allow the top team to have a point bonus, then we needed to devise a system that would level the playing field. This came in the form of a draft governed by a salary cap. This was an idea that could either make or break HT Supercross. But we were lucky, and the prospect of having a draft was met with positive reception.

Thus, Season 7 began. I won’t go into the races. That’s what the race recaps are for, but I will say this: Season 7 gave rise to what could possibly be the fiercest battle that this squad has ever seen. Defending champion, Sodapop Remix, would need to defend his title from the likes of l Panny l and Gogetarulez.

A freak turn of events gave Sodapop the opportunity to create another mind-blowingly powerful team. A decision that greatly helped him at the end of the season. Though, this did not deter Panny from challenging this would-be Goliath. Enter PPL Park SX, and Panny had just one more shot at running for a championship.

But things happen fast in HT Supercross.

In the blink of an eye, Panny was sent off of the berm before rhythm 1, and that wreck soon paved the way for Sodapop to take his 2nd consecutive HT Supercross title.

Throughout Season 7’s entirety, our leaderboards were awash with battles outside of 1st place. After all, the top two racers of the squad also were the leaders of the top two teams. Their skill and knowledge was to be passed down to their constituents, and would give rise to the start of something new. Racers like TheOffice1808, King Edward I, and Shazzle4, all now have the speed to win a race. And though only 4 racers were able to win races in Season 7, there’s no telling what our next season has to offer.

We knew it would be hard to top Season 6. Hell, we didn’t even think it was possible. There’s no beating around the bush, Halo 4 is still in decline. Numbers just weren’t on our side, but we poured our heart and souls into this season to do everything we could to make it everything that it could be. Everything that it should be.

Without a doubt, Season 7 is our most successful season to date. We averaged a whopping 18 signups all season long. This is something that has never been accomplished on HaloTracks before in a season as long as ours. More astounding than that, is the race that yielded the most signups was halfway through the season!

We wondered how successful Season 7 could be. The answers to our doubts completely blew away our expectations and the profound success of Season 7 is something that we’ll carry into our next season.

A deep rooted thanks to everyone who participated in this season. This squad is nothing without our members, and it’s an honor to be able to lead something that people look forward to being a part of. We’ve learned a lot about our success, and also a lot about aspects of the squad that still need improving.

Season 7 is now over, but HT Supercross will go on. Season 8 is next, and we have no intention of backing down. Our goal is always to our racers, first, and we can’t wait to see what the future has in store for us.

Congratulations to Sodapop Remix on winning his 2nd consecutive title, and to l Panny l and Gogetarulez for taking the last two spots on the podium! With his win, Sodapop solidifies his position as the best racer this squad has ever seen… But defending that title won’t be easy.

Another congratulations to Sodapop Remix and his team, Monster Energy Kawasaki, on becoming the best team in Season 7!

We look forward to seeing all of you back out for Season 8. It’s sure to be on helluva ride.

* "
" adds together your top 8 finishes and bonuses. "
Total
" adds together all of your finishes

* "
Average
" takes the average of your top 8 finishes.

* "
DNQ
" totals the amount of times you did not qualify for the Main Event of a race.

* The "
Wreck
" column totals the amount of times you were found guilty of wrecking someone.

* "
+/-
" compares your position the first time you cross the finish line to your final position. If you crossed the finish 5th on the first lap and then finished in 1st, you would be given a +4.

* The "
Holeshot
" column tells you how many times you have gotten a holeshot, which is awarded to the first person to pull out of the first turn on the first lap. On newer tracks, this is indicated by an overhead pole.

* Individual race statistics can be retrieved by downloading the whole Excel document. This can be done by clicking the Excel logo on the bottom right.

* Every member of the leading team gets 3 points added to their season total, second place team gets 2 points added, and third place gets 1 point added.

* My Excel skills don't allow me to list Teams in order of points position, so you have to reference the rank on the left side of the table.

5 people like this

Outbreak SX Update:

The continued success of HT Supercross continues to blow Jeff and I away, and we believe this success is solely due to the competitive and yet light-hearted atmosphere that our loyal members seem to bring every race. This squad would not be what it is today without you. Attendance wise, we actually only tied our total amount of participants we had for Race 1 in Season 6. However, I don't think we'll ever get used to hosting 20 plus racers in a single event. Having twenty or so racers means we have to eliminate about half of the attendees, which means that feelings will be hurt, people might cry, and grudges may be formed. However, I am completely baffled because almost none of that happened. So thank you for that as well. Finally, a huge thanks to Shazzle4 for hosting a Heat and the Main Event.

MVP in Race 1 was DemoTrtl, who blew everyone away with his first place finish in the LCQ to qualify for the main alongside Casselfied. Main Event Guaranteed has shown itself to be worthy of the name that it holds. Other than this, the results are mostly as everyone predicted. Gogetarulez continues to demonstrate his improving racing prowess as the leader of Geico Honda. The podium was split between three individual teams: Rockstar Energy Racing KTM, Monster Energy Kawasaki, and Muscle Milk KTM. Monster Energy Kawasaki takes the early lead on the Team Leaderboard with a 4 point lead over Rockstar Energy Racing, so the three point Team Bonus gives xSODAPOP 13x an early individual point lead.

Finally, thank you all for showing up, and we'll see you next Saturday for Victoria Fields SX.

1.) PancakeMuffin
Rockstar Energy Racing KTM

2.) xSODAPOP 13x
Monster Energy
Kawasaki

3.) xTheSully
Muscle Milk
KTM

4.) Gogetarulez
Geico
Honda

5.) xPA32x
Monster Energy
Kawasaki

6.) UnknownRacing32
Tactical
Advantage

7.) Casselfied
Tactical
Advantage

8.) King Edward I

9.) xNJD1x
Muscle Milk
KTM

10.) DemoTrtl
Main
Event
Guaranteed

11.) Shazzle4
Monster Energy
Kawasaki
- 4 -
Holeshot

12.) MtnDewx97

DNQ:

Bean05

NukedIceCream

Hatter is Mad

Unrealiztic

Purpledinosaur0

Turkeyshot98

zl PWNAGE lz

Masta Hippie

BxA Real Deal D

+/- Reference

1.) Shazzle4

2.) Pancake

3.) xPA32x

4.) xTheSully

5.) MtnDew

6.) Cassel

7.) xSODAPOP 13x

8.) Gogeta

9.) Racing

10.) Edwardo

11.) DemoTrtl

12.) xNJD1x

What about BxA Real Deal D in the results of the race. He's in the leaderboards.....

Edited by xNJD1x

Sorry to pull an xNJD1x here, but some gamertags are getting on my nerves :teehee:

Here are the correct formatting of how some gamertags should be in the leaderboards.

PANCAKEMUFFIN

gogetarulez

zI Pwnage Iz

Casselfied

BxA Real Deal D

Hatter is Mad

turkeyshot98

I know this is a really stupid request but I am kind of a perfectionist like that :thumbsup:

2 people like this

I'm drawing the line at making the first letter of people's names lowercase. That I just cannot do. It's unprofeshh.

On a side note: Thanks for backpacking the team Gogeta!

We must top last season with having more than 9 races with heats and more than 5 of those races having more than 20 drivers attending :D

I'm drawing the line at making the first letter of people's names lowercase. That I just cannot do. It's unprofeshh.

On a side note: Thanks for backpacking the team Gogeta!

I agree, the only reason mine is lowercase is because my brother is a dumb ass and made it like this.

And no problem, Purpz :luvz:

Victoria Field SX Update:

Jeffh3962
: Victoria Field was home to some electrifying racing. Rockstar Energy Racing KTM had come into Race 2 with a chance to not only attain a first place spot in the team standings, but to also put a considerable gap between them and the threatening force of Monster Energy Kawasaki. PANCAKEMUFFIN lead the charge, having all four members of his team qualify for the Main Event. A Main Event that saw xTheSully grab the holeshot with Casselfied trailing close behind. We, however, live in a universe filled with random processes. On the turn following the whoops section, both Cassel and Sully flipped onto the berm and lost their impressive start to the pack of bloodthirsty racers behind them.

Gogeta saw a chance to get ahead of the pack, and took it without hesitation. PANCAKEMUFFIN, who's responsibility fell somewhere along the lines of ensuring that his team was ready to have a preferable finish in the top 5, had an atypical start but fought his way back up the pack in relatively quick time. Casselfied, after the unexpected wreck on the first lap, also found himself making enough passes to earn his way back up to a podium spot. Pancake started to pick up the pace towards the end of the race, closing the gap between him and Gogeta from two section-lengths apart, to just half of a section. That wouldn't be enough, though, as Gogeta had already clenched 1st place.

A huge thanks to Cassel and Edward for their hosting services, today. You guys did a great job, and I couldn't have asked for a smoother run race!

Purpledinosaur0
: On the leaderboards, we saw unprecedented amounts of movement. The top 3 positions changed hands and ordering. In first we now have PANCAKEMUFFIN, team leader of RockStar Energy Racing KTM, who was placed behind xSODAPOP 13x in second before this weeks update. PANCAKEMUFFIN was the only repeat podium finisher from Race 1. Second and third are now occupied by Gogetarulez, our Race 2 victor, and xTheSully respectively.

Monster Energy Kawasaki was stripped of first place in large part due to the absence of two out of three of their members. Taking their place is RockStar Energy Racing KTM, who now holds a commanding lead since every single one of their members attended and made the main event in Race 2. PANCAKEMUFFIN seems to have a great team with undeniable presence under his ownership. TheOffice1808 impressed this race with a 5th place finish, who seems to have improved since his 12th place overall finish in Season 6.

Overall, we could possibly be seeing the formation of top contenders in the team leaderboard. Although Monster Energy Kawasaki does not pose an immediate threat to RockStar Energy Racing KTM, they'll surely begin to close the gap in the coming weeks.

P.S. - "Highest Placing Free Agent Award" goes to Turkeyshot98! Congratulations!

1.) Gogetarulez
Geico
Honda

2.) PANCAKEMUFFIN

3.) Casselfied
Tactical
Advantage

4.) xTheSully
Muscle Milk
KTM

5.) TheOffice 1808

6.) King Edward I

7.) BxA Real Deal D
Muscle Milk
KTM

8.) TurkeyShot98 - 7

9.) MtnDewx97

10.) zl Pwnage lz
Geico
Honda

11.) Bean 05
Main
Event
Guaranteed

12.) Hatter is Mad
Tactical
Advantage

DNQ - DemoTrtl

DNQ - Unrealiztic

DNQ - NukedlceCream

DNQ - imSOshiftfaced

DNF - Shazzle4 -
excused

DNS - Neudlez -
loses safety

Major Intentional Wreck

Offender: zl Pwnage lz

Victim: MtnDewx97

Cutting Track

zl Pwnage lz - 1 race suspension

+/- Reference

1. Gogeta

2, Edward

3. Real Deal

4. Office

5. Turkeyshot

6. Cassel

7. Pwnage

8. Pancake

9. MtnDew

10. Bean05

11. TheSully

12. Hatter

1 person likes this

I'm on Rockstar Energy Racing KTM BTW... :teehee:

So KTM should have 64 points and I should have 13 :)

Edited by TheOffice1808

TheOffice1808 is on Rockstar Energy Racing KTM as well.

XD didn't realize Office already beat me to purple's mistake

Edited by xNJD1x