Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeEgan

Season 7 Leaderboards

232 posts in this topic

This weekend was a bit disappointing.

For the hosting, I definitely wasn't a fan about how the whole thing was run. During the main event, there was a huge pileup that collected at least 4 people due to the leaders pushing wide (not that a restart should have been done for that, but just voicing my frustration). Real Deal also had an incident that involved him getting stuck a little bit after the first turn on the second lap. I was aware that if anybody had any serious problems within the first 25% (5 laps) of the race then a restart would be called. When I was asking calmly if there was going to be a restart, Edward just yelled "NO! WE'RE NOT RESTARTING!" While I did also want a restart to recover because I got killed in the first turn, I was also looking out for Real Deal's best interest too. I also heard some stuff about the LCQ hosting being a bit controversial because Purple was not willing to cater to everybody, mainly Hatter and Deano. I can understand not restarting for Hatter for the umpteenth time due to his xbox red ringing if the race is over 75% complete, but I heard something about the gate not dropping for Deano and Purple refused to restart the race. I heard some other stuff, but keep in mind that's just what I've heard.

I also noticed that I got a -1 for "wrecking" Edward, even though I don't remember coming into contact with him and I thought I cleanly passed him. Just looking for some clarification.

As far as the track was concerned, I wasn't a huge fan of it even before I raced it. While it was the same track for everybody, I wouldn't say that reason completely excuses it. While there were hardly any consistency problems, the track felt very tight, clunky, one lined, slow and there was hardly any room to pass. It was almost like there wasn't much of a skill gap with the track. The track itself was solid, but I personally didn't feel it stood very well for competitive use and I don't think I'm the only one who felt the same.

I know a lot of work goes into these races and I appreciate the effort put forward to begin with. Even though this weekend was a bit frustrating, I still think there's always room to improve and every race is a new one. Don't get me wrong, I'm only trying to help you guys out and just looking out for everyone's best interest. I'll be back next weekend and looking forward to it!

That's just my $0.02.

3 people like this

Deep Eclipse SX Update:

Unfortunately for most, this race was more or less decided by the first lap. Two of the podium finishers started on the podium after the first lap, and stayed on the podium for the remainder of the race. However, the mid-pack racers were much more mobile than the top three contenders since they weren't given the pleasure of a wide open track to slowly multiply their leads. The plus minus statistic shows us the best mid-pack warriors, like TheOffice1808 and Casselfied, who started out in 11th and 12th respectively and both gained 6 positions. Pancake gained 3 positions throughout the duration of the race to earn the last podium spot. xSODAPOP 13x was also very active, gaining 5 positions and missing what would have been his third podium of the season.

Gogetarulez of Geico Honda was the first place finisher this race, and after 4 races this season, was the first repeat first place finisher. However, a race-ending wreck that he committed on BxA Real Deal D cost him two points. Which brings us to BxA Real Deal D. A first for HT Supercross, BxA Real Deal D managed to earn a "-11" plus-minus for the race, blowing away whatever the previous record might have been. So congratulations to Real Deal for earning that honestly quite depressing award. In honor of BxA Real Deal D, this award will be named "The Smoove Moves +/- Dominance Award."

We had yet another first time Rookie participate in this race, PapaSlaunch, beating the odds and qualifying for the 12-man main event. He placed in 9th in front of his teammate, Turkeyshot98, who is also impressive for his first HT Supercross season. Continuing their Main Event dominance, Main Event Guaranteed qualified for their 4th straight Main Event. Bean05 once again gets the MVP award for this race.

On the leaderboards we saw some movement. Despite winning, Gogetarulez actually lost a point on PANCAKEMUFFIN due to the major intentional wreck he commited on BxA Real Deal D. Below them, xSODAPOP 13x and xNJD1x overtake xTheSully, who was absent this race. xSODAPOP 13x now sits comfortably in third. Overall, the podium positions are fairly spread out, all by 9 points.

Fourth through tenth went through many variations. They are listed below:

xNJD1x: 10 → 4

King Edward I: 6 → 8

Shazzle4: 11 → 10

Cassel: 5 → 6

TheOffice1808: 8 → 7

MtnDewx97: 9 → 11

Thank you all for showing up and thank you to King Edward I for hosting the majority of the races. See you next week!

RESULTS:

1.) Gogetarulez
Geico
Honda

2.) xNJD1x
Muscle Milk
KTM

3.) PANCAKEMUFFIN
Rockstar Energy Racing
KTM

4.) xSODAPOP 13x
Monster Energy
Kawasaki

5.) TheOffice1808
Rockstar Energy Racing
KTM

6.) Casselfied
Tactical
Advantage

7.) King Edward I
Rockstar Energy Racing
KTM

8.) Shazzle4
Monster Energy
Kawasaki

9.) PapaSlaunch
Troy Lee Designs Racing

10.) turkeyshot98
Troy Lee Designs Racing

11.) Bean05
Main
Event
Guaranteed

12.) BxA Real Deal D
Muscle Milk
KTM
HOLESHOT

DNQ - Purpledinosaur0

DNQ - Hatter is Mad

DNQ - Deano is Super

DNQ - imSOshiftfaced

DNQ - Unrealiztic

DNQ - Neudlez

DNQ - xxARMYFLASHxx

DNQ - ZI PWNAGE IZ

Minor Intentional Wreck

Offender: Casselfied

Victim: King Edward I

Minor Intentional Wreck

Offender: Turkeyshot98

Victim: PANCAKEMUFFIN

Major Intentional Wreck

Offender: Gogetarulez

Victim: BxA RealDeal D

+/- Reference

1. Real Deal (-11)

2. Gogeta (+1)

3. NJD (+1)

4. Bean (-7)

5. Turkeyshot (-5)

6. Pancake (+3)

7. Shazzle (-1)

8. Papaslaunch (-1)

9. Soda (+5)

10. Edward (+3)

11. Office (+6)

12. Cassel (+6)

2 people like this

First I win douche of the year ( Thanks Cassel :D ) and now I win the Smoove Moves +/- Dominance Award I am honored I could earn such a prestigious award :D

Edit: Fun fact I also hold the worst +/- in HTSX history from last season. I should be a +Pro Racer

Edited by RealDealD
1 person likes this

This weekend was a bit disappointing.

For the hosting, I definitely wasn't a fan about how the whole thing was run. During the main event, there was a huge pileup that collected at least 4 people due to the leaders pushing wide (not that a restart should have been done for that, but just voicing my frustration). Real Deal also had an incident that involved him getting stuck a little bit after the first turn on the second lap. I was aware that if anybody had any serious problems within the first 25% (5 laps) of the race then a restart would be called. When I was asking calmly if there was going to be a restart, Edward just yelled "NO! WE'RE NOT RESTARTING!" While I did also want a restart to recover because I got killed in the first turn, I was also looking out for Real Deal's best interest too. I also heard some stuff about the LCQ hosting being a bit controversial because Purple was not willing to cater to everybody, mainly Hatter and Deano. I can understand not restarting for Hatter for the umpteenth time due to his xbox red ringing if the race is over 75% complete, but I heard something about the gate not dropping for Deano and Purple refused to restart the race. I heard some other stuff, but keep in mind that's just what I've heard.

I also noticed that I got a -1 for "wrecking" Edward, even though I don't remember coming into contact with him and I thought I cleanly passed him. Just looking for some clarification.

As far as the track was concerned, I wasn't a huge fan of it even before I raced it. While it was the same track for everybody, I wouldn't say that reason completely excuses it. While there were hardly any consistency problems, the track felt very tight, clunky, one lined, slow and there was hardly any room to pass. It was almost like there wasn't much of a skill gap with the track. The track itself was solid, but I personally didn't feel it stood very well for competitive use and I don't think I'm the only one who felt the same.

I know a lot of work goes into these races and I appreciate the effort put forward to begin with. Even though this weekend was a bit frustrating, I still think there's always room to improve and every race is a new one. Don't get me wrong, I'm only trying to help you guys out and just looking out for everyone's best interest. I'll be back next weekend and looking forward to it!

That's just my $0.02.

Just to clarify, the rule for restarting races is only applied to lag outs or black screens happening during the race. Any sort of situation of getting stuck is simply an unfortunate event and they must just continue on.

1 person likes this

I was under the understanding that somebody could get a restart if they were involved in something that was out of their control and unable to continue. Isn't the whole point of having that kind of a rule in the first place?

1 person likes this

I was under the understanding that somebody could get a restart if they were involved in something that was out of their control and unable to continue. Isn't the whole point of having that kind of a rule in the first place?

Being wrecked:

"-If you are wrecked, knocked off of the track or have your race impeded in anyway, you must keep racing. Stopping to wait for the racer in front of you to pass you again does not grant you your previous position back and you will instead remain on the same lap that you waited on. If you were wrecked, then standard wrecking rules still apply to both the offender and victim."

Compared to blackscreens/lagouts:

"-How Black Screens/Lag Outs will be handled is dependent on how far the race has progressed.

-If the race has not proceeded past 25% (Before first place reaches 5 laps in Main Event, before 2 laps in Heats/LCQ), the race will be restarted.

-If the race has proceeded past 25% (5 laps and above in Main Event, 2 laps and above in Heats/LCQ), a "staggered start" procedure will reset the race.

All racers will relocate to the starting area. They will wait for all players to return if some have lagged out.

Racers will position themselves based on positions before the incident.

Racers must have a mongoose length in between them and the racer in front and behind them.

The race will proceed with the explosion of a sticky detonator placed either by the host or the commentator."

2 people like this

Being wrecked:

"-If you are wrecked, knocked off of the track or have your race impeded in anyway, you must keep racing. Stopping to wait for the racer in front of you to pass you again does not grant you your previous position back and you will instead remain on the same lap that you waited on. If you were wrecked, then standard wrecking rules still apply to both the offender and victim."

Compared to blackscreens/lagouts:

"-How Black Screens/Lag Outs will be handled is dependent on how far the race has progressed.

-If the race has not proceeded past 25% (Before first place reaches 5 laps in Main Event, before 2 laps in Heats/LCQ), the race will be restarted.

-If the race has proceeded past 25% (5 laps and above in Main Event, 2 laps and above in Heats/LCQ), a "staggered start" procedure will reset the race.

All racers will relocate to the starting area. They will wait for all players to return if some have lagged out.

Racers will position themselves based on positions before the incident.

Racers must have a mongoose length in between them and the racer in front and behind them.

The race will proceed with the explosion of a sticky detonator placed either by the host or the commentator."

He got physically stuck though. Not only wrecked.

1 person likes this