Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mrs StarStrukk

Change To Lag-Out Rule

4 posts in this topic

For those that don't know what the lag-out rule is or how it works, I'll explain it first.

How it works is when you lag out of a race, have bad black screening, or some sort of major issue such as getting stuck and being physically unable to get out of it; you get your worse position out of the entire tournament for that race(s). This includes missing a race from being late to the tournament & having to sit out a race during the tournament. However, if the race is over halfway completed you get the position you were currently in at that certain point in the race before the incident occurred. Once you hit a third lag-out rule you receive last place points (out of total tournament attendees) for the race, basically a DNF.

This change will be made to the rule.

From now on if you miss a race from being late to the tournament or have to sit out a race, then you will receive last place points (out of total tournament attendees) for the race(s). Any individual involved in an incident like this didn't lag out of a race nor did they have any big issues and it is unfair for someone to win a tournament or place high in the standings when they weren't present for a race from being late or missing out.

The rest of the rule will remain the same.

~ Le Star

Don't know why someone added being late or missing a race in the first place, but it's good that you are getting rid of that part.

Don't know why someone added being late or missing a race in the first place, but it's good that you are getting rid of that part.

One case could be a racer replacing another racer in the tournament because the other racer had to leave really early. Only real way I see this scenario happening other than open spots in a tournament.

I think if you are to miss a race whether it be from showing up late, or being AFK, you shouldn't be granted points. If you are to lag out during a race, I feel as though the race should be restarted if only 25% of the amount of laps are completed. If its beyond 25% completed, then there could be a staggered start; meaning everyone stops on the track where they were and lines up in a single filed line at the start and resumes the amount of laps that were remaining. This is the way they handle issues in the AMA.

This could be a possible answer to fairness and would allow people with poor connections to still have a straight shot at winning without being rewarded points unfairly. Hopefully I didn't come off as being arrogant, this is only my suggestion.