Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dom motionless

Going out with a bang or is it too late?

9 posts in this topic

I don't even know where to begin on how much i have to say about the times i had here at HaloTracks.

I'll simply begin with the beginning. It all started when i finally got my personal xbox and account on christmas 2012 after sharing one with my brother for years. My xbox 360 was only supposed to be bundled with Forza 4 and a code for a full Skyrim download but the accidentally packaged a free copy of Halo 4 and Halo CE: Anniversary inside it, i was overwhelmed with receiving free halo games that it sparked up all the memories of when i used to forge race tracks (not very good ones) on halo 3 and halo reach with one of my best friends. Straight away i jumped into teaching myself how to forge track once again and learning how to use the engine itself which eventually i created my first track on halo 4, 'Teleforge'. I then went on to make more tracks which some of them i deleted over time and have regretted ever since. Out of me and my friends i was the only one who forged and race tracks alone but one day one of my friends said he made a map called 'Splash Mountain'. There was no way he made such a smooth double wide with no experience in forge, so later that day i decided to contact the real map maker who goes by the name of 'CoookkieMonster'. This is where it really began!

image_zpsad4f3129.jpg

My first SX track 'TURBINE SX'

After speaking to coookkie for a few days over messages i finally decided to show him some of my maps that around that time i started making smoother double-wides just with no banked waves. After showing him and his friend 'GogetaRulez' they both said that i had potential in my forging and it made me happier than ever, coookkie spoke to me about a community called HaloTracks and that inside that community was his race league called the 'DRL' (Dirty Racing League). over the course of the next few months i started learning banked waves and forging new kind of tracks like Terrain, SX, Rollercoaster, Demo ect. I had met a lot of great people around these times and i could have never been happier! Before i knew it my friends list was full of people from the halo community that i met over my time. In this community i also met my best friend Shank1289, i met him through coookkie and we instantly became friends and forged a bunch of maps together. even to this day i speak to shank quite alot.

ugcuserfile-2eadfd19-a0ba-4bc8-909d-8404f56b23c5-b3adecf1ddd72229-full_zps0a765a24.jpg

Late last year is when something i didn't like started to happen, I started losing interest in the halo community. As much as i love halo even as of now, nothing could ever revive what i had going on inside the community. My forge was lacking, members were leaving and i didn't enter that many DRL tournaments. Eventually, i stopped playing halo 4 all together. I am grateful to have met many of you in this community and my time here was unforgettable, the memories you guys created with me are ones i will keep with my gaming days until i die. So as of May 28th i will be making one final track and finishing the SX that i haven't worked on since August 2013.

halo-5-guardians-logo-aa7664a864aa46a6b88159fe71faec8d_zps2f94dae5.jpg

I hope to see some familiar faces on the xbox one when Halo 5: Guardians is released. I believe that you guys can stay strong and hold this community together while'st i'm gone until halo 5. I assure you i will make a return in the next halo as long as this community is still present and people have upgraded to the current generation by then. Once again, thank you for making my halo experience one of the most special ones that i have and will ever come across in my whole time of gaming so until halo 5 my friends, peace!

ugcuserfile-a588df57-6437-40f4-bbc0-68ef55630283-71480d5bdea7797b-full_zpsa463dec0.jpg

P.S: I made this recently, enjoy!

Edited by Dom motionless
1 person likes this

That's so touching... Thanks for being a great friend dom I know we had our ups and downs in the past and I'm greatful to have met you

Awww Dom is leaving? You're breaking muh heart baaaaaaaaby. You're a funny bastard and I'm glad you messaged me that day and entered our community; you're humor and the terrible things you'd say when you were angry are unforgettable. This community will certainly be missing your presence, but I know you'll be back.

1 person likes this

LOLz I was going to name a racetrack "going out with a bang" for my last terrain track, which I have still neglected to make! And not to be mean or anything, but I think your a bit to late since it's been almost a year or so since you left! Hey, you asked :thumbsup: