Followers 0
Le Hefe

Buckshot Valley RR

7 posts in this topic

Creator: @King Edward I

Track Name: Buckshot Valley RR

Map Name: Ravine

Supported Gametypes: Rocket Race or Rocket Hog Race

Description: Buckshot Valley RR is the winner of DemolitionTurtle's Raging Rocket Race Cacophony forging challenge. This map features a variety of consistent jumps, simple yet pleasant looking aesthetics, and presents not only good quality forging, but excellent gameplay as well.

Download Link: Click Here

Original Map Post: Click Here

BV2_zpsecd7ba20.jpg

BV5_zps3261af96.jpg

ugcuserfile-53e4052f-d1b0-4ef8-9824-1bf6068ab5de-5c6e7f4652a70e1a-full_zpsc48bf096.jpg

Interview

What inspired your creation?

I was mainly inspired by Rogue Shaddo(now known as ShaddoBlade) and his Halo 3 Sandbox map Sandy Slopes. I also wanted to transform some terrain of Ravine, which I haven't really seen yet on Halo 4.

About how long did it take you to create?

This map took me less than a month to make but I worked on it for about 15 hours.

What aspect took the longest to get right?

Making some of the jumps work and deciding what sections to include. Placing the hill markers also took me some thinking. I didn't want to make it extremely overcrowded or extremely spaced out so I needed to find the perfect balance.

A special thanks goes out to NukedlceCream for conducting the interview and writing up the post. The entire post. Be sure to thank him for the work he's put into making sure that these maps get their due!

This map looks so beautiful. I still have yet to play a Rocket Race game on it though.

This looks pretty cool! Open enough to get some good shots off. Nice work!

* I've had the Gabo Rocket Race, and did simple setups for Ragnarok and Vortex - Does the Rocket Hog Race gametype (I just downloaded) need any additional setup??

This looks pretty cool! Open enough to get some good shots off. Nice work!

* I've had the Gabo Rocket Race, and did simple setups for Ragnarok and Vortex - Does the Rocket Hog Race gametype (I just downloaded) need any additional setup??

Nope, it's the exact same as the normal Rocket Race gametype, the only difference is that it is with Rocket hogs.

Played this with 15 the other night. We had a blast. At start, the GOLD team glitch-spawned up on the silver forerunner platform and died 3 times before spawning in the main arena. Other than that, we had no problems.

Played this with 15 the other night. We had a blast. At start, the GOLD team glitch-spawned up on the silver forerunner platform and died 3 times before spawning in the main arena. Other than that, we had no problems.

Holy crap, thanks for the exposure man. I'm glad it played well. I'm not sure why the spawns screwed up.