NukedIceCream

NPR MX

22 posts in this topic

Creators: Casselfied & MtnDewX97

Track Name: NPR MX

Map Name: Impact

Supported Gametypes: Race v2.1

Download Link: Click Here

Description: NPR MX is a well built motocross style track on the smaller asteroid of impact. This track has consistent jumps as well are various terrain aspects making a well balanced track for competitive racing.

npr3_zps6726a771.jpg

176a78c4-3d11-401b-94be-17fa873cf43a_zpsef9a0775.jpg

npr4_zps1d2df5c3.jpg

Interview

What is your personal favorite part of the map?

MtnDewX97 "It is hard to pick favorite parts, but I would have to the whoops section, and the rollers following it. The whoops just give you a nice feel when you run through them, mainly because you can take many different lines through them that all have different consequences. The rollers also give a nice feel, they can definitely effect your lap time, and help make the map feel more realistic because motocross tracks aren't just jumps, terrain plays a big factor as well. Of course the map is on an asteroid though..."

Casselfied "It's hard to pick one section. I think each section of the track offers something different and unique, making the map feel very well rounded. I can't decide, really."

What inspired your creation?

MtnDewX97 "When Edward posted his contest, Cassel soon came to me and asked me to coforge, obviously I said yes after he bribed me with a Cassel Crasher Userbar. I wanted to make a track anyway, but I'm pretty lazy unfortunately when it comes to forging. Having someone else on the map made it easier to get motivated enough to actually forge, and motocross tracks were always my favorite to forge, so I wasn't going to pass down the opportunity I had."

Casselfied "Mikey (Purple Dinosaur) challenged me to make a map for Edward's motocross track contest to rival his. Even though I only had 2 weeks (roughly) to make one, I took up the challenge anyway. I went searching for a forger to co-forge with because I thought it would make forging in that slim time period possible and because I was lazy. MtnDew wasn't occupied with anything, so I asked and bargained to forge a MX track with him and he agreed. I've also had a deep down itch to make a motocross track for Halo 4 and to 'shut up da haterz' once again."

What aspect of the track took you longest to make?

MtnDewX97 "By far the clashing of ideas. The constant arguement of 'this should go here', slowed down the process a lot. But overoverall no friendships were broken, and even though we made each mad about half the time we were still able to come to agreements, and still pulled of a pretty solid track. Although it was stressful, I would definitely forge with Cassel again. We definitely make a good forge team. If anything else took long, it would be the bordering, but once we knew what was going where, it all went by pretty fast."

Casselfied "I think everything took an equal amount of time to build, but deciding what was going to be built took the longest. MtnDew had a lot of different ideas that clashed with mine, which definitely created some frustration. But eventually we were able to work things out and come to an agreement."

5 people like this

Congratulations my boys! Great track that I'm looking forward to racing competitively.

2 people like this

Awesome! I really like the use of the asteroid, and how some of the turns are extremely sharp to jam up racers early on.

1 person likes this

I know I'm late on the reply... But Congrats to both of you for the the feature! thumbsup.gif

2 people like this

Have mercy... Don't worry Dew and Cassel. At least your maps have a chance to get in HTSX. pardon.gif

3 people like this

Have mercy... Don't worry Dew and Cassel. At least your maps have a chance to get in HTSX. pardon.gif

1. NPR national doesnt have a chance getting into htsx because it's a NATIONALS track, R-TARD

2. Im sick and tired of you always playing mind games with me and firing shots at me passively

3. You've acted all high and mighty since you won season 7, and it's sickening

4. Being on a team with you made me realize how much of a pretencheous a$$hole you are

5. I could never talk to you again and be perfectly happy

3 people like this

1. It's a Motocross track, not a Nationals.

2. You noticing me noticing the mind games is making me sweat a lot, and I can't see.

3. Your promotion to Prospect after finishing in 4th overall is overwhelming, and it's been the only thing I've heard you talk about lately.

4. You being on my team made me realize how poor of a decision I made with the draft.

5. I can never play Xbox with you because you always hurt my feelings, and I've had it! sweat.gif

1. It's a Motocross track, not a Nationals.

2. You noticing me noticing the mind games is making me sweat a lot, and I can't see.

3. Your promotion to Prospect after finishing in 4th overall is overwhelming, and it's been the only thing I've heard you talk about lately.

4. You being on my team made me realize how poor of a decision I made with the draft.

5. I can never play Xbox with you because you always hurt my feelings, and I've had it! sweat.gif

1. You're such a spode

2. I recommend degree for men, lasts 72% longer than old spice

3. Stop ignoring the fact that all you talk about is how much you hate edward and everyone in the racing community

4. Without me the team would be nowhere, except for loss

5. I always make fun of you because you're so easy, like your mom

6. I cant wait to here you wine when you lose in HT Nationals