Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mrs StarStrukk

Member of the Month - August

10 posts in this topic

MOTM_August.png

Hello HaloTracks! This months Member of the Month is someone who's recently become well known in the community. He has been doing HaloTracks a huge solid by testing out maps for the upcoming Halo 4 Community Race Playlist, let alone converting a wide variety of maps. We gave @Kenjamin1 MI the honors of being August's Member of the Month to help show him that his efforts in supporting the HaloTracks community are acknowledged by all of us, and that they are more than well appreciated! Thanks for all your hard work in helping out HaloTracks in the part to help make sure maps get selected for the community playlist!

What first drew you to the HaloTracks community?

What else, the great Maps! I've been visiting and downloading maps from here since the tail-end of Halo 3. Some of the race maps from HT members are what got me hooked on Forge. I've made all sorts of map variants, only some have been for mongoose or warthog racing, but the race maps seem to be the ones that get the best laughter and trash talk when you play with friends. I participate on a couple other Halo forum sites, and get to play customs with friends a couple times a week. So, I build maps that can be fun for all skill levels, I've had a couple good ones in Reach and Halo 4. Recently, contacted me about one, and suggested I visit again and consider being a member. So I did. ...glad I did.

How do you mainly spend your time inside HaloTracks?

When I Log In here, I usually give a quick look at the newest maps, then see if any interesting topics are buzzing in the forums. I've found that I am terrible at the MX/SX races, but have great respect for those who are good at them, and the forgers who create the tracks. I keep an eye out for any open tourneys or race gatherings that are going on when I can join in and not embarass myself too bad. But the map galleries are the awesome part, the best forgers are on HaloTracks.

How does it feel knowing you're doing a huge favor for HaloTracks, testing maps for the community race playlist?

I never thought of it as a 'huge favor'. I have enough controllers, and sometimes I have enough Halo Race Fans in the house to be test drivers. Honestly, I want some of the HT maps to be IN Matchmaking, maybe even one of mine. The last time they had Race (in December) I was very disappointed that they gave us what they did. If they are truly going to use community maps, not just those by the cartographers who are 343 buddies, then I'll help however I can to give them great maps that real Race Community Forgers have built. Heck, Halo 4 is near the end of it's lifespan, maybe past it, so if MS and 343 can give an effort to make Race fun for those who remain, I would have a better outlook on what they offer next (I have doubts about the MCCollection). - But the GunGoose does have me curious.

What do you do when you're not on HaloTracks?

I try to spend quality time with my family. Lucky for me, I have three sons who all like video games, Halo, and driving and shooting each other on maps I make. I mentioned the other forum sites I post on, I have some good friends from those that I get online with and have a great time. Many of them have given up on Halo, I'm one of the few that still does H4 regularly. Alot of them are anxious for Destiny, I am looking forward to it too. I do some freelance/contract design and production management, I'll do an occasional signature or ad flyer for friends for fun.

What do you hope to bring to HaloTracks to help further it’s future?

Well... that is a good question. I hope that posts and feedback I hear from you folks helps me to "Step-Up" and go next-gen with the Xbox One, I'm still not rushing out to get one. The MCC isn't enough to get me fired-up to buy one. I already have CE, 3 and 4 for the 360. So, at this point, xmas would be the soonest the family upgrades. I admit that getting creative in the Forge has been tough for me lately. I hope to build one or two more race maps in the coming months, I've got some ideas from some of the great forge maps you folks do. I take them into forge and demolish them one block at a time, to see how you do those amazing things. I am still in awe of the skill and patience it takes to do really good tracks.

If you ever decide to depart from HaloTracks, what do you want to be remembered as/for?

I'm not dead yet. - I hope that those I've raced and forged with will remember I was a Forger that loved to Forge. Halo Forge is a creative outlet and is a special thing about Halo. The fact that some very clever people took this First-Person Shooter and found a way to make it a super-fun driving and racing game says alot about 'thinking outside of the box". I was a HaloTracks fan way before I was a member. Everyone has been cool and helpful with advice when I've asked. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!

4 people like this

Well, that is an honor. Thank you HaloTracks for helping me enjoy Halo even more, with great maps to drive on. Thanks for making me feel welcome. You have a great community here.

3 people like this

Congrats Kenjamin! You definitely deserved this with your activity and the favours and input you've given to the community in the past months.

2 people like this

Well, that is an honor. Thank you HaloTracks for helping me enjoy Halo even more, with great maps to drive on. Thanks for making me feel welcome. You have a great community here.

Thank you for being a part of the community! It's awesome to see members dedicating a little bit of their free time to helping out the site. Your efforts certainly went a long way in picking out Matchmaking tracks. I hope to see you stick around and keep up the awesome work and I shall raise a beer in your name, good sir. Again, thank you for what you've done for this community thus far!

2 people like this

I'll just reiterate what has already been said. A very well deserved reward in recognition of your work with the race playlist, we can't thank you enough!

2 people like this

Can't think of anyone who deserves this award more. Congrats Kenjamin!

1 person likes this

Thanks again everyone - Miss Star, Jeff, TRED, Nuked, Bean05 and AlexJ - I appreciate your comments.

1 person likes this

Thanks BrE!

*btw - the Race Playlist has been a blast. Really great to have some HT maps in matchmaking. Apologies to any HT members whose lobbies I drop out of, a couple times xbox has yanked me out, a couple times I dropped because I can't beat you veterans. :halotracks::thumbsup: