Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NukedIceCream

Speedway MT

10 posts in this topic

ugcuserfile-af681fea-f445-4510-9df9-273ad22dfc0b-f924333e5c8ffa17-full_zpsd4ae07a4.jpg

Creators: Casselfied, MtnDewX97, and Purple Dinosaur

Track Name: Speedway MT

Map Name: Forge Island

Supported Gametypes: Race v2.1

Download Link: Click Here

Description: Speedway MT is a well built and an aesthetically pleasing Mixed Terrain style track on Forge Island. This track has constant working jumps as well as some technical GP style sections that add a skill gap to the map.

ugcuserfile-63bda04d-88f9-41b5-9b20-4d84b16f8ff6-291fce7e70c5365e-full_zps3722e424.jpg

ugcuserfile-2aea3913-5b42-4db8-9acd-b8e5ef761a4c-056a5e2a53c73e6b-full_zpsa5dc4d50.jpg

ugcuserfile-57f0dfc8-1df7-4121-910a-763bcf04ca80-41264750865bd9fa-full_zps0556f8ee.jpg

Interview

What is your personal favorite part of the map?

MtnDewX97 "I don't really have a favorite, the map is pretty well rounded. Although I do like the idea we came up with, which was to have it on the infield of a nascar track. However, each part of the map has something interesting, and keeps the map fun to race on."

Casselfied "Probably the whole area from over-under table top to the chicane after it. I also like the whoops in the second section for some reason."

Purpledinosaur0 "That super jank technical part after the table that requires skill to take fast."

What inspired your creation?

MtnDewX97 "Nothing really. Cassel and I enjoyed forging together on NPR, we saw another contest, and thought why not join forces again. Which once again, I like the outcome of our team. Also, purple joined the team, which in turn helped the map turn out even better than we anticipated."

Casselfied "Me and MtnDew had just got NPR MX a feature on HT and saw this contest come up. We figured "hey, easy distinguished!" We started building very slowly, but we put it off and procrastinated since Halo 3, Destiny Beta and some other games kept us busy. We got together the last day to forge, but MtnDew had to opt out for his own plans. I'm not a speed forger by any means and I like to take my time (as I don't forge very often). But I was motivated to finish. I busted my ass to get this done and I was struggling. I was up against Edward (who was making a map because he didn't want me to get distinguished) and you (Nuked) were making a map, so I had to step my game up! I ran into Purple while forging and asked if he could stop writing me off and commit to helping me with the rest of the map. He did just that and I decided to give him major credit with the map out of respect.

Purpledinosaur0 "Cassel bending over backwards trying to get me to help him finish the map."

What aspect of the track took you longest to make?

MtnDewX97 "While I was working on the map, the most annoying thing was the nascar oval. Cassel and I kept fighting over who would make it, of course neither of us wanted to. In the end, it turned out pretty well, so I can't complain about that though. Once again, I would forge with these guys again if the time ever comes."

Casselfied "I spent forever on the nascar oval because I never actually knew what I was supposed to do. It was originally MtnDews idea and he had a certain way he wanted it built. But eventually I said screw it and did it. The rest of the track came a lot easier once I finished it."

Purpledinosaur0 "I came in after the basic layout was set. I sexified it, and to Cassel's dismay, added objects that contributed nothing to the gameplay of the map but made it look aesthetically pleasing. For instance, I added the grass between the starting area and the first straight, added the jersey barriers on the inside and outsides of a few 180s, and finished up the layout around the rock-section on the map."

3 people like this

Cool to think I was the originator to the antenna-inside-the-rock bordering that people use now. Cool track.

Cool to think I was the originator to the antenna-inside-the-rock bordering that people use now. Cool track.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

That was actually Ionized back on Reach lol

1 person likes this

Wait... Huhhh?? Cassel and Mtndew won? Speedway MT is just about as good as double down MX from Halo: Reach... Wow, SMDH.

1 person likes this

Yet again another disappointing map from the duo of cassel and MtnDew.

3 people like this

Cassel this track blows, MtnDew and yourself don't deserve distinguished! Most possibly just as good as Halo 4 compared to Halo 3.

1 person likes this