Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
haloracer1874

Checkpoints giving more than one point? (depending on speed through)

6 posts in this topic

hello halotracks,

I've been having trouble with making a checkpoint in a track giving only one point on the scoreboard.

It always seems to give more than one point, depending on how fast I travel through the race checkpoint.

I was wondering if there is a way to make the checkpoints only give one point? aside from placing them on a piece of track where you go fast enough to only trigger one score.

If anyone knows any way around this, I would really appreciate the help!

Edited by haloracer1874

Hi Haloracer, and welcome to HaloTracks!

So we can begin to help you out, how many checkpoints do you have on your track?

hi, thank you!

I did have about 5, but then decided to just use one (to just act as a finish line for one lap).

instead of just scoring one (a lap) it would shoot up to a random number, and even higher if I sat on the arch checkpoint in the goose.

if it helps, I have it set as 'spawn sequence' 1, and game label as ' race checkpoint'.

That right thar is where your issue is most likely coming from. The way checkpoints work, is that the moment your Mongoose enters the checkpoint, the game calculates your point for that checkpoint and then searches for the next checkpoint. It doesn't take into account whether you've already hit that checkpoint or not, so the game just keeps repeating your points until you exit that checkpoint. Adding multiple checkpoints is the only solution to this problem, as it forces the game to immediately switch to that checkpoint for scoring. The minimum number of checkpoints you need to have for your track to work properly is 2.

Let me know if that hasn't solved your issue and if you still have any more questions!

1 person likes this