Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Le Hefe

Halo 5: Guardians Beta - Your Thoughts

14 posts in this topic

The Halo 5: Guardians Beta has been out for over 24 hours. Launched about a year before release, it aims to give 343 Industries ample time to respond to fan feedback. I think it's a smart move on their part, as long as they actually heed the words of the people who buy their game. Halo MCC has really put Halo in a bad spot.

So, what are you thoughts and opinions of the beta so far?

The beta gets stale after awhile, hopefully they add more gametypes quicker than planned. I enjoy playing it although there are a few problems. Map selection is not anything impressive and there should be more 'new' environments.

Cassel sucks. Lel.

1 person likes this

I think a lot of the little tricks and abilities add more diversity to the game. While 343i has always tried to steer Halo in a revolutionary direction (and not always for the better), I applaud them for their efforts this time specifically. I think they have finally reached a new style of Halo that is balanced and competitive. It's new. It's fresh. It's different. I really like it so far.

Yes, a lot can change before the game's release. But for now, I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Maybe in the fall, we can finally say that Halo is back.

BTW Eddy, stick to Destiny.

6 people like this

I'm very optimistic. Of course there are numerous things that need to be tweaked or taken out of the game all together, but this is change that can work out for the greater good of the Halo community.

I'm trying not to play it too much so the experience doesn't get ruined, but from the 30-ish games I've played, the game is freaking sick! Sprint definitely doesn't ruin the flow like it did in Halo 4 and--other than the extremely powerful automatic weapons--the game seems really well balanced. The maps require map control and teamwork to be successful which is definitely good. Going in alone is nearly impossible if you're not communicating. I'll save my final verdict until we see the rest of the maps, but so far I like what I see.