Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Offrce

Halo 5: Guardians Forge

10 posts in this topic

After MCC was a big let down, not necessarily for forge but for custom games, we just have to hope that Halo 5 forge will be better than ever. From the Orion clip it appears that terrain, rocks, and trees could be forgeable pieces again and the map might have even been forged on something like forge world. The new pieces and textures are interesting and the rocket launcher sounds like plastic. What do you all think about Halo 5 forge from these quick videos?

These maps are available Week 3 of the beta.

One thing I noticed is that callouts are still there, which alludes to the idea of customizable callouts for forge maps. Awesome!

One thing I noticed is that callouts are still there, which eludes to the idea of customizable callouts for forge maps. Awesome!

I'd imagine that they're just generic tags that you can associate with certain zones. Freaking sweet, nonetheless.

Couple of things to add:

• Breakout maps are clearly forged (there's a ramp on the left of the narrow map that goes over the barrier and you can see that it's a forge piece).
    But the most interesting thing is the map barrier, it conforms to the map geometry perfectly and clearly isn't made of smaller blocks. This may hint at custom sizes/shapes for zones and maybe objects.
  • The current slayer maps are clear remixes of the old slayer maps. On the human based one it looks like a clear forge remake, but the covenant map have extra terrain and BUGS. Could mean they're not forge variants OR could mean a more sophisticated forge.

• The current slayer maps are clear remixes of the old slayer maps. On the human based one it looks like a clear forge remake, but the covenant map have extra terrain and BUGS. Could mean they're not forge variants OR could mean a more sophisticated forge.

Those actually are maps made in-engine. I could see how Eden looks like a Forged map, as it's not really that extensive, but there's footage of both Eden and Regret being made in Halo 5's engine. That was on The Sprint. Placing organisms like bugs would be pretty cool, but I don't think that we'll have options to that extent.

I wouldn't doubt that we'll be getting some new things to play with. Insanmiac's channel offers some intriguing speculation.

Those actually are maps made in-engine. I could see how Eden looks like a Forged map, as it's not really that extensive, but there's footage of both Eden and Regret being made in Halo 5's engine. That was on The Sprint. Placing organisms like bugs would be pretty cool, but I don't think that we'll have options to that extent.

I wouldn't doubt that we'll be getting some new things to play with. Insanmiac's channel offers some intriguing speculation.

I'll check him out.

I didn't mean to imply they were full forge maps just that Regret-Truth and Eden-Empire are forge variants of each other. I feel it's a weird step to change a map so drastically then re-release it for week 2 of the beta.