Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Decimalearth

Halo/Halotracks Startup

favorite leg. map to forge?   23 members have voted

1. 1. Whats you favorite leg. map to forge?

• Ghost Town
    • Avalanche
    • Blackout

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

Well, since i've been roaming around on the site for the last 2 hours, i've been in a field of nostalgia and a mix of happiness and sorrow. From my 7th to 10th grade (2007 - 2010), halo and halotracks dominated my life and i'm proud to say it. It might be one of the best parts of my life to be honest. Nothing was boring. Even though i've never met people i've played with, some became such good friends like josh, cassel, storm, fleck, and so on. Not only that, but the competition of HT Velocity and map making at that time was crazy, especially when Halo 3 was at it's peak. Brings a tear to my eye. But anyways, i wanted to see where you all started off. Which games and what ways you found this site.

I started off on Halo CE. I went to my dad's sisters husbands brothers house for a christmas party and i played on his laptop. Literally scared straight of the elites and flood at first haha. But the first one i owned was halo 2. Me and my brother would play the campaign nonstop and we did the classic 4 player battles at our house with our neighbors. Literally, whoever got the scorpion tank was the winner at that time.

Finding halotracks; i really have no clue. I used to make maps just becuase i was bored. I hated HT at first because i was that "HT is mainstream and stupid" guy. Then i joined. Nothing special to it. Don't remember how i met people and who i met first or whatever. My memory is really bad when it comes to this stuff.

But i'm curious to hear you guys story :drinks:

I remember I played Halo 3 a long time ago at my friends house (probably like 2007 or 2008) and I never thought of it again. A few years later I started playing Halo 3 Sandtrap Zombies a few times at a different friends house. Then when Reach came out one of my best friends picked it up and we were addicted. Eventually I got an Xbox 360 for myself and Reach was the first Halo game I played on my own. I loved playing Infection, BTB, Grifball, and Race. Most people didn't like racing though so I mainly did it on tracks by myself. I then got Halo 4 at launch and about a month later found HT and ORL.

um, i was 9 and at a friends house who just got the xbox and CE, played it for about 8 hours. eventually another friend got an xbox and ce and somehow we had 8 controllers so we would play every friday and saturday non stop.

i got a xbox and ce when i was 10 and the rest is history.

I actually found HT through the bungie.net group but never did anything until about 2009 when i made my first account to start downloading maps. i first met dream 76, ump double ump, and yougnswam (that guy is an asshole) and did tournaments and what not. started forging "better" in halo reach, i was only good at rollercoasters, and the rest is history.

id still rather play competitve halo tho

Somewhere between 2002-2003, I played CE at a friends house. I was fortunate enough to play 4 player split screen and it was so much fun. That was all she wrote.

I found HT and the bungie.net group during HT's time on Bungie Fav's, on Halo 3. I didn't join until late December in 2008. I did a couple of tournaments and got invited to race in HT Velocity. I raced a crap load of squad tournaments and stuck with this place since!

^On that note, here is to 6 years on HaloTracks!

Started playing Halo: CE in its early days with a cousin of mine. I think we managed to get more than halfway through that campaign and played a few 1v1's of which I lost 95% of the time. Fast forward to 2008 I sort of got back into playing a bit of Halo: CE with other friends. Fast forward to 2010 the same cousin showed me Halo: Reach and I was hooked for the longest time, wanting to create maps and get them out to the public. It wasn't until 2011 when I first got an Xbox 360 that wasn't modded, thus being able to have an online account, and it's been history since.

As for Halotracks, 6 months after I joined the ORL and set my status there, I ran into Jake Bobius, of which who told me about Halotracks, with the main selling point of that I'd be top dog of HT, so I ultimately joined. My history here's been alright to say the least. Many arguments have gone down here, some of which I'm more proud of than others, but regardless, I managed to obtain respect by a certain group of people and that's what it all ends up coming down to here.