Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Le Hefe

Help Your Community!

7 posts in this topic

give-us-your-money_zps49c0siib.jpg

But seriously, we love you and you deserve the best.

We have some pretty high standards as to how HaloTracks works. Last year, we made an upgrade to dedicated servers to ensure that we can maintain a good level of overhead to accomplish whatever our hearts desire. Dedicated servers, while flexible and fast, come with a cost. That cost is in dollar signs and is why I'm asking for your help. It costs us just over 2K American dollars to rent our server for one year.

While some may call a dedicated server overkill for a site like HT 4.1, it's paramount to the success of HT 5.0. Specifically, our tournament system which will require a fair amount of processing power to remain speedy.

Normally, I could cover this cost by myself without any hassle, but my living situation is about to change and money could start becoming a problem for just a few months. Any donation is immensely appreciated, and I'll definitely have some nice things planned for those that contributed. I'll keep this announcement short and end things here.

My humblest of thanks to everyone that is still visiting and signing into HaloTracks. The Master Chief Collection is certainly a speed bump for us, but it amazes me every single time I see the guys and gals of this community refusing to give up. All of you make HaloTracks what it is, and I'll never forget that!

Jeff let's make this interesting. Guess a number between 0 and infinity. If the number is below the maximum I am willing to pay, I will donate that amount. You have 1 attempt to get as close to and below the mystery number. Good luck.

Oh and please state if your number is in USD or NZD lol.

Oh my god, um... uuummmm... SO much pressure!

ummmmmmmmmmm

:WANT:

Whoo! sweating. Oh man...

uuhhhhh

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :WANT:

It doesn't help that I'm choosing a number between two types of infinity. ScrewItScrewItScrewIt. I'm going to aim high.

$521.17 USD!

On a semi-related note, you guys might like to know that our rental application was accepted. In about a week, I'll officially be living with Bre, tote trays, and EoE Oh Snap. This amount of HaloTracks under one roof is simply unprecedented.

I'm sorry but you guessed too high. That's a lot of money for a single donation. But fret not, you still win a sizable consolation prize.

On a semi-related note, you guys might like to know that our rental application was accepted. In about a week, I'll officially be living with Bre, tote trays, and EoE Oh Snap. This amount of HaloTracks under one roof is simply unprecedented.

This is going to break the internet... or maybe the opposite since you wouldn't have to talk to each other over the internet anymore.

I'm sorry but you guessed too high. That's a lot of money for a single donation. But fret not, you still win a sizable consolation prize.

This is going to break the internet... or maybe the opposite since you wouldn't have to talk to each other over the internet anymore.

Hey, I'd rather guess 500 than guess something like 5, lol. Muchos gracias, Masta! It really means a lot. Best poopment I've ever received. :luvz:

In all honesty, though, I'll gladly take what I can get. Thanks again!

Wolf, you can always help by spreading the word that HT needs a couple bills. :)