Le Hefe

Blue or Green: You Decide Season 8

favorite leg. map to forge?   27 members have voted

1. 1. Whats you favorite leg. map to forge?

• Ghost Town
    • Avalanche
    • Blackout

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

season8_poll_zpsbyffol1l.jpg

By now, we're all aware of the constant issues facing HT Supercross within the Master Chief Collection. For the sake of continuity, however, I'll give you guys a refresher.

The Middle Finger

Our first reactions to MCC were more than optimistic. Terrain, 3 new canvases, and an abundance of Custom Games options were supposed to provide us with potentially limitless options. Indeed, Season 8 seemed to be destined for greatness. After the launch of the Master Chief Collection, droves of fans lined the insides of convenience stores and eagerly awaited for their game to install. A new era of Halo was upon us, with 343 Industries leading the charge. The only problem: There was no charge to begin with.

After the first creations were completed, it was quickly discovered that Halo 2: Anniversary's Custom Games were nearly unplayable. Fast forward to the present day, and these problems still persist. The grand plan that was Season 8 fell into disarray. Without the ability to have a large number of racers on the track, our finely tuned, revered competitive standards are effectively sidelined.

Creating Our Own Hope

That doesn't mean we're giving up. Forgers are slowly learning what it takes to get a decent volume of racers on a track. That number isn't the 12-max we have in Supercross. That number falls around 8 racers, a number not seen since the days of Halo 3. Of course, we could probably go back to racing in Halo 4. Here's why that isn't happening:

Forging in Halo 4 is fairly difficult. We held 3 seasons in that game, spanning a period over two years. Season 7 was the first season we've ever done where we had the luxury of not repeating any tracks. It took two years to get to that point. Vis-a-vis, forging in Halo 4 is time consuming and fairly difficult.

Halo 2: Anniversary allows us to create consistent, competitive tracks with more ease. This is the psychology behind why Forgers are sticking with H2A's Forge. Now, we finally get to the point of this topic...

A Decision

Supercross tracks seem to be the "in," at the moment. The issue this topic focuses on is that we're long overdue for another Nationals season, and this is why Purple and I are going to let you all decide the track variant that Season 8 will hold. To keep things competitive and fair, it's best to stick to one type of track. I'm not saying it's impossible to do a hybrid season, just that doing so creates a complicated playing field that presents litigation problems if serious issues were to arise. Not that we'll be taken to court anytime soon, but I digress. Keeping things to one type of track creates the best possibly playing field.

So, this topic will soon draw to a close. We're giving you all the choice: Supercross or Nationals. This poll will close in a week.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT

This poll has reopened. The new end date is June 1, 2015 at 11:59PM PST.

Great read! Really reminded me of how aggravating MCC has been.

2 people like this

According to Ducain, the next content update (or maybe the one after) will be fixing the object count issue, allowing us the ability of having full lobbies on tracks. Hopefully this is sooner rather than later.

Not to be pessimistic but I doubt that there will be an update to fix all the connection/object count issues to allow us to have full lobbies. The other day we lagged out of 4 player campaign. If there was a way to fix these issues I feel like they would've done it already.

Go Supercross.

Yeah I doubt their ability in fixing the custom games lobby in relation to connection and object count. Unless it is magically fixed by the connection being on server hosted matches instead of peer hosted (could be possible).

Is this ever going to go anywhere or is the plan to just wait until halo 5 at this point. I believe the quality of tracks in the game have improved significantly and with how close the voting is i think some people might rethink their votes after seeing some of the new supercross and nationals tracks in the game. I know everyone just wants a proven competitive supercross or nationals series to race in, even if there is no incentive with prizes or anything of that nature. Even if it isn't considered Season 8 it would still be nice to have something going on. I think having 10 racers at this point would be easily attainable with what we know about forging and how custom games works, and we could have another poll if necessary to determine if that would be acceptable or not. I understand you both (Jeff and Purps) are very busy so that is why I say this be sort of an unofficial season considering we don't know how this could go being on MCC. Perhaps we do a preseason to see what the turnout/attendance would be and how the game would handle racing with so many people.

Edited by Jab Shazzleton
5 people like this

As I've said before, I'm focusing on getting my GED right now. That's just a little bit more important that HT since it give me the opportunity to land a pretty decent job. Which means I'll have more money to invest towards the site to make things really, really tasty. We'll retake this vote. I take my last test on Thursday, so I'll just end it a week from now.

I probably should have communicated that I'd barely be here more thoroughly, but my mind has been completely set on passing this shiz all month long. Apologies for that. I've also begun to dedicate myself to studying more complicated maths like linear algebra. The particle systems I use are extremely reliant on that stuff, so becoming more proficient at that will help push my VFX skills to a level where they could, literally, pay the bills.

A preseason would be a good idea. It will let me get some clips for things like trailers and stuff, too. We'll decide what subset of MX tracks the preseason will contain once the vote is finished.

2 people like this

As I've said before, I'm focusing on getting my GED right now. That's just a little bit more important that HT since it give me the opportunity to land a pretty decent job. Which means I'll have more money to invest towards the site to make things really, really tasty. We'll retake this vote. I take my last test on Thursday, so I'll just end it a week from now.

I probably should have communicated that I'd barely be here more thoroughly, but my mind has been completely set on passing this shiz all month long. Apologies for that. I've also begun to dedicate myself to studying more complicated maths like linear algebra. The particle systems I use are extremely reliant on that stuff, so becoming more proficient at that will help push my VFX skills to a level where they could, literally, pay the bills.

A preseason would be a good idea. It will let me get some clips for things like trailers and stuff, too. We'll decide what subset of MX tracks the preseason will contain once the vote is finished.

Thanks for the re-poll Jeff. We understand that you are currently busy IRL, and we appreciate everything you are still able to make time to do. :D

2 people like this