Populare

HT Demo Rules

22 posts in this topic

HT Demo Rules

Last Edited 4/25/15

These rules will be in use for all official and impromptu demo tournaments. If any clarification is needed, send a message to King Edward I or NukedlceCream.

Description

This is an intense style of racing that requires communication while at the same time causing mayhem. There is no such thing as "not intentionally wrecking someone." In this gametype, if you are not causing wrecks then you are not wanted. Blockers put the racers to the test and help their team to victory, while racers try to be elusive and and get their team the win. If you think you can handle it, put your helmet on, strap in tight, and get ready for some demo racing.

Players

-All players must be in a party chat with their team during the race.

-Teams consist of one racer and two to three blockers.

-The objective as the racer is to complete the laps given before the other racer.

-The objective as the blocker is to assist their racer in completing the required laps in the quickest time possible. This is accomplished by blocking the opposing team's racer.

Blocking Rules

-You must remain on your mongoose at all times. If you fall off your mongoose, you must return to it immediately before continuing to block. You may not block on foot.

-You may give your mongoose to your racer if your racer's mongoose is stuck; prevented from entering onto the track by a blocker or barrier, or fell off the map.

-If you give your mongoose to the racer you may retrieve the racer's mongoose (if possible) or you must return to the garage and wait for a new mongoose.

-You may not steal an opposing team's mongoose with the intention to impede the opposing team.

-You may not block before the checkpoint. See below for clarification.

In order to make it clear and defined, there are two parts to this rule. A turn is defined as any curve where racers must rotate their mongoose to avoid running into bordering or the edge of the track. Teams in violation of these rules will be penalized appropriately.

Checkpoint is located further than one 4x4 block from a turn: This would be in effect on a track such as Corridors where there is a long straight before the checkpoint. Blockers are not allowed to block within about a 3x4 distance from the checkpoint entrance.

Checkpoint is located closer than or equal to than one 4x4 block from a turn: This would be in effect on a track such as Tren Trek or Oil Rig where a turn is immediately before the checkpoint. In this case, blockers are not allowed to block within a 2x4 distance from the checkpoint entrance.

-If a racer's mongoose is pinned and immovable for 10 seconds all blockers must remove themselves from the racer and let him/her proceed.

Racer Rules

-If your mongoose is stuck, you may have a blocker bring you a mongoose.

-No stealing opposing team's mongoose. You must remain on the track near your mongoose for a blocker to bring you the mongoose. You may not advance in the track to your blocker.

-You may not cut the track. If you are blocked onto another part of the track and "cut" the track, all standard procedures and penalties will apply. If it is intentional, then you will be penalized accordingly by method of deducting laps. If you have no control over it and it is impossible to get back onto the track, you have many options. Get a new mongoose, take a mongoose from a teammate that is on the part of the track you were blocked from (this is perfectly okay for these kinds of situations), or just complete the lap and accept the penalty.

-Every participant in a tournament must be racer once.

-The only people allowed to race more than once in a tournament have to be North American and have a "good" connection. Teams who violate this rule will be disqualified from the tournament.

Team Assignments

-Racers will be on red and blue team.

-Blockers for the red team racer will be on orange team and blockers for the blue team will be on the purple team.

-In order for the race to start these rules must be followed.

Before Racing

-Everyone gets on a mongoose when they spawn. Racers will stay in the spawn area until the start of the race.

-Blockers may enter the track and set up for the race immediately.

-The racers will decide on a time to go(i.e. 59:30) and the race will start at that time.

Violations

-A violation of the rules can be noted during the game by the host, or after by watching a film clip submitted by using the Xbox Clips system. In order to have a clip reviewed it must be recorded and sent to Nuked and Edward for reviewing. Make sure you include details as far as who was involved and what they did wrong.

-If a violation occurred, then a lap deduction may be incurred by violating team. The host will determine the significance of violation, and impose a lap deductions if any. The penalty should be a realistic deduction from the advantage the violating team gained.

Tournament Procedures

-Before the start of the tournament, the amount of races to be completed before a team wins the tournament is to be determined(i.e. best of 5 or 7).

-Before the start of the tournament, captains will be determined and the method of choosing team members will be back-and-forth. First pick will be determined by a coin flip or RNG.

-In the case of a tournament in which there is a "pool" of more than 6 people, a snake draft will occur.

-In the event of a black screen for anyone during a race, the race will be frozen at the current score. The race will be restarted with the same map and racers and will continue using the score at the time of the black screen.

I think checkpoint blocking after racers go through the checkpoint should be illegal. I don't fully understand why this rule was changed for Demo using the King of the Hill gametype. It's very "OP". If Demo was using normal race checkpoints; checkpoint blocking would be ok, but since that option is not avalable currently any form of checkpoint blocking should be illegal. I also have noticed new commers may not know where checkpoint blocking begins. It would be cool to have some kind of system to mark where checkpoint blocking would be illegal. The 10 second racer hold should be revised, everybody counts different, so if you don't already, blockers should be looking at the clock instead of counting in there own way, since some people count slower and hold more time then really allowed. I'm not quite clear on this rule myself. If a racer is getting pinned and can't move, the hold clock should start and not be restarted if you get off or fall of your mongoose. I know you can have your teammates give you a goose but lets be real here; they are usually blocking the other racer far from your rescue.

1 person likes this

"Immovable" means it's not moving. So I don't see the confusion of that rule. I know I myself and m it's people are actually pretty generous when counting to 10 aloud - that is most of us count faster than real time. A "ten second hold" is usually 7-8 when I count as I do it pretty fast. Secondly, I can see the blocking after the checkpoint made illegal. But I don't think it is as by of an issue as you make it out to be. You are sort of having a "knee jerk" reaction to it and naturally think it should be changed because the people you have been playing against recently (myself for sure) have done it a lot. You don't want to overreact to something because it is becoming a new tactic that wasn't done very often before so it may come across as cheap. Blocking immediately after the checkpoint is essentially the same as blocking in a single wide area on the track, which there are many single wide areas that are popular blocker choke points to block racers. (Tren trek, Canalel, steak and potatoes, benukdem and so on) and the most important point of all: both teams have to deal with it... If you feel it's tough to race against when people do that, you should do it as well! It's just like anything else in demo. There are some tactics and hit spots and trap spots and resets that are better than others. If one team is doing it, do it back if it's legal!

Well, on tren track you can monster truck over the blockers and skip the track. If this happens to me again, I'm gonna go and get my extra point as blocking after the checkpoints should have consequences. I got sick of getting owned at the checkpoint, so I did do this new tacktic one game and saw how effective it was. I think it's one of those things that people will wish never changed. If this is how demo is going to play, then forgers may want to think about how close knock off points are so you have zero chance of monster trucking back on to it from checkpoint blocking.

I'm not really understanding what you're referring to TRED, but blocking after the checkpoint should be and is completely legal. The only track that comes to mind that you are able to destroy people coming out of the checkpoint would be Steak and Potatoes + lel. It isn't even that effective of a strategy as it is hard to time it correctly and there are ways the racers can avoid it.

Sunset cliffs*^ officer

Not the updated sunset cliffs you tard, if you're gonna correct someone get your facts straight.

Edited by Jab Shazzleton

I think the "blocking before the checkpoint rule" could use some specification, as I've recently noticed a few people debating on how close people can block at the checkpoint. I get that the majority of regular demo racing players have a vague understanding of how close you can get, but everybody thinks differently and I think it wouldn't hurt to put something in writing. Maybe, say, like a rough measurement (i.e. the size of a 2x4 or a 4x4), or perhaps a striped line before the checkpoint? Anyway, you guys get the picture.

Everything else looks good.

I apologize not being able to respond to all of this until now, I've been at work all day.

@Jabbles

Be polite you tard.

@TRED

1. The reason why you are able to block after the checkpoint is because there is no way you can be forced back into it and receive an extra point. In Halo 3, this was banned because you had the chance of getting two points for one lap (hopefully you remember how the VIP gametype worked, there was a "destination moved" every like 10 seconds). Now that we have one-way shields, it is impossible for this to occur.

2. If you are blocked onto another part of the track and "cut" the track, all standard procedures and penalties will apply. If it is intentional, then you will be penalized accordingly by method of deducting laps. If you have no control over it and it is impossible to get back onto the track, you have many options. Get a new mongoose, take a mongoose from a teammate that is on the part of the track you were blocked from (this is perfectly okay for these kinds of situations), or just complete the lap and accept the penalty.

3. The 10-second rule is put in place to limit blockers. As far as how it works, just count "one one thousand, two one thousand, and so on." If we review it and the racer isn't able to proceed after officially timing 10 seconds, that would be a penalty. Just to make this clear, blockers are not allowed to give their racer a mongoose if they are being blocked by the opposing team. Blockers can only give their mongoose to their racer if they are stuck on the map or they get blocked into a blocker shortcut.

4. With that said, it is definitely illegal to sit directly in front of the exit to the checkpoint, immobile, in order to block the racer.

@Cassel, this will be added to the rules and will be effective tonight

In order to make it clear and defined, there are two parts to this rule. A turn is defined as any curve where racers must rotate their mongoose to avoid running into bordering or the edge of the track. Teams in violation of these rules will be penalized appropriately.

Checkpoint is located further than one 4x4 block from a turn: This would be in effect on a track such as Corridors where there is a long straight before the checkpoint. Blockers are not allowed to block within about a 3x4 distance from the checkpoint entrance.

Checkpoint is located closer than or equal to than one 4x4 block from a turn: This would be in effect on a track such as Tren Trek or Oil Rig where a turn is immediately before the checkpoint. In this case, blockers are not allowed to block within a 2x4 distance from the checkpoint entrance.

@Everybody

The process to have a race reviewed will be done through Xbox Clips. If you see a rule violation, take a film clip and immediately after the tournament is over, send me and Nuked the clip with a message explaining what to look for and it will be reviewed. Even if you're the racer it is definitely worth the time to stop and record a clip in order to have a violation reviewed. Blockers are allowed to send in clips as well.