Superior Forger

Xbox One choice of Batteries

11 posts in this topic

So, I've had a rechargeable battery pack since Christmas and the connector for the 2nd battery just broke. I've been using AA Batteries for a few days and they have lasted a few days compared to 12 hrs for the battery pack. So I have decided to walk away from Microsoft's crappy products and get rechargeable batteries. What does everyone else use for Xbox One controllers? Although I think 50 non-rechargeable batteries would last me a good long while, I'm trying to debate on whether I want to get the rechargeable AA batteries and charger.

So my question to you guys is; form your experience which batteries are best or which would you prefer. There are dozens of brands of batteries I have never used before and would like to know if any of you guys would prefer them over the mainstream brands such as Energizer or Duracell, especially since they are a lot cheaper in bulk.

I really wish the new rechargeable batteries were recharged like the 360 version battery packs. They lasted longer too. They also had a reliable charger base as the the charging station. Who would have guessed as time passes Microsoft delivered worse technology.

Edited by Superior Forger

I just have my controller always plugged in, which is easy for me considering I play at a desk.

If you can, just leave your controller connected to your Xbox via direct connection. That will give you a slightly faster response time and negate the need to purchase batteries, entirely. One thing you need to understand before buying any batteries, reusable or not, is that they will always have a finite lifespan. Some of the most efficient batteries on the market used in every day life are lithium ion batteries. You actually have one of these babies in your phone. Lithium ion batteries do come in the AA variety, but are pricey and the recharging technology hasn't quite caught up yet. You can find some rechargeable ones out there, but I can't speak for their efficiency. It should also be noted that Microsoft does not recommend using rechargeable AA's in your controller. This might just be a marketing tactic, but using some might make any warranties you have on the controller null and void.

Moving away from some of the fancy stuff, if your intent is to purchase standard AA's, then maybe go Duracell. Those batteries have always lasting the longest, for me.

As these guys have said the best battery is no battery. I got my 10 ft micro USB cable cheap at Walmart($5 maybe?) and it is actually marketed for the PS4, but it'll work with anything. You will never have to waste on batteries ever again.

Yea, I may just do that. I didn't know you could use a controller without batteries and just plug it in. Thanks Edward.

As these guys have said the best battery is no battery. I got my 10 ft micro USB cable cheap at Walmart($5 maybe?) and it is actually marketed for the PS4, but it'll work with anything. You will never have to waste on batteries ever again.

I currently run two pairs of rechargable batteries. But if I had the luxury of choosing wired vs wireless, I would definitely choose wired.

I actually have a wired controller for Xbox one. I like to use it for Assassins Creed. Getting use to the feel of it can be difficult if you been playing the Xbox one controller for a long time or even the 360. Also, the only dis-benefit of the wired controller is that you can't talk online due to the lacking port required to plug into the controller. I guess that's why it was $40 instead of $50. Go figure...

I currently run two pairs of rechargable batteries. But if I had the luxury of choosing wired vs wireless, I would definitely choose wired.

I use Energizer rechargeable battery's, They last me about 4 days per charging session. If I forget to charge them. I have a wire that plugs into my controller through the Xbox. I don't usually use the wire because I don't like when it touches my legs because my chair is lower to the ground then my desk (I should really buy an office chair) The batteries can usually be found at your local Walmart and only cost around $25 It comes with 4 AA batteries and the charger which is a pretty good deal. If you have a decently long usb charger for an Android device then you can use those as a wire for your control as well. It usually goes by preference.

I've read something saying different types of batteries for Xbox One Controllers can effect the performance of the controller. I am curious what it can affect. For about 4 years now I haven't use the rumble packs, I find them quite annoying and they drain your batteries really quick. So I am wondering how cheap batteries can reduce performance.

I've used the same 4 rechargeable batteries that I rotate through for about the past year and a half. But yes, wired would be the best option.