Superior Forger

Uncomfortable Sleep Posistions

9 posts in this topic

I can sleep just about anywhere as long as there isn't a ridiculous stench near by, spiders/insects that want to hurt me, or in 95 degrees+ without fan or AC.

The most uncomfortable positions I've slept in is on the back of a Ford Ranger Tailgate with a blue tarp as a pillow; in my squeaky computer/gaming chair; on my dads boat on the metal floor (I find fishing very boring); in the back of a moving camper/trailer (constant moving without a seat-belt and falling off the bed from 4-5ft high sucks); and of course the most popular falling asleep on an airplane beyond 1st class.

In 2011, I got dragged along to Loretta Lynn's dude ranch for the Amateur National MX championship, even though I wasn't racing. I spent the whole week sleeping in the back of my trainers blacked out cargo van with a blanket and another blanket for a pillow. Since LL's sits in a valley, the air is extremely muggy/humid and the heat index was 110F' on average. It sucked.

This one time I had to sleep when I was partially paralyzed. That was actually pretty comfortable, though. Really solved my tossing and turning.

1 person likes this

Although I've never actually been paralyzed, I have had a couple of random episodes between asleep and awake where I can't move or even open my eyes. It scared the heck out of me, laying there pretty much awake without being able to do anything and see total darkness. Sometimes I have dreams and they are so close if not identical to reality and I get them confused from time to time. Man, sleep is great, but there is always something else, isn't there?

This one time I had to sleep when I was partially paralyzed. That was actually pretty comfortable, though. Really solved my tossing and turning.

This has got to take the cake for most random topic on HT haha

I actually had a seizure when I was 6, so I guess you could say that was my most uncomfortable sleeping experience, even though I don't remember any of it.

2 people like this

Although I've never actually been paralyzed, I have had a couple of random episodes between asleep and awake where I can't move or even open my eyes. It scared the heck out of me, laying there pretty much awake without being able to do anything and see total darkness. Sometimes I have dreams and they are so close if not identical to reality and I get them confused from time to time. Man, sleep is great, but there is always something else, isn't there?

I've had sleep paralysis a few times. Pretty damn scary. I never sleep on my back now because of it.

Yea, that's usually when it would happen; laying straight on my back without any elevation. I have to sleep on my back now with CPAP, but when I don't use it I usually sleep on my stomach. I find sleeping on my stomach very comfortable.

I've had sleep paralysis a few times. Pretty damn scary. I never sleep on my back now because of it.

I've had to sleep in the back of an ambulance before. I had just finished a 48 hour shift at the station and was told that they needed volunteers for another shift and, like the idiot I am, volunteered. We were put on standby in this crappy little part of town where absolutely nothing happens for close to 4 hours and I managed to get a little sleep.