Mrs StarStrukk

Best & Worst Assassins Creed Games

7 posts in this topic

Here's a list of my personal picks from worst to best only counting the main console titles.

1. Unity

2. Assassins Creed 3

3. Revelations

4. The Original

5. Rogue

6. Brotherhood

7. Black Flag

8. Assassins Creed 2

Why this order? Well, I'd be writing a grad school essay if I explained why.

What're your favorite games in the franchise? Post below.

I can't yet say since I've only played Unity, Black Flag, and I just finished Assassins Creed. Now I'm gonna play Assassins Creed 2 & 3. Though I must admit the original Assassins Creed was by far the hardest and most annoying to compete, but still very cool!

I: AC2

II: the original

III: brotherhood

IV: black flag

V: AC3

Haven't played unity or rogue, sorry.

Nether got into the first one properly.

Played the second one when it was free with gold, did enjoy that to be fair, but after playing through it, it just feels like you've played them all to me.

Another off the long list of games that is churned out every year and barely offers anything more than the last IMO.

I liked the AC2 trilogy equally, and I'm surprised how much people dislike Brotherhood and Revelations. That trilogy is definitely my favourite of the series.

Next best I would say is Black Flag, then followed by AC3 and lastly AC1. Mainly because I actually completed Black Flag and liked it despite it's performance problems. AC3 felt like a grind and sometimes made me physically cringe playing it, but I actually completed it. AC1 has to be at the bottom of my list cos I got really bored and never completed it. I also steered completely clear of Unity cos it was a shit fest.

Now that I've played all the Assassins Creed games I can finally make my decision on which ones I liked best to worst.

1. Assassins Creed 2
  2. Assassins Creed Brotherhood
  3. Assassins Creed Revelations
  4. Assassins Creed Black Flag
  5. Assassins Creed 3
  6. Assassins Creed Unity
  7. Assassins Creed

Now, just because the 1st Assassins Creed game is at the bottom doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the game. I enjoyed them all a great deal. I favor Assassins Creed more than Halo. Now lets get into the breakdown of each game.

Assassins Creed: The story was great, however I was not a fan of the game play which includes the countless almost infinite amount of soldiers roaming the streets. And to make things worse the people that would try to fight you and give you away making it so you have to restart the objective. Once you were towards the end of the game fighting became very easy and killing 30 soldiers or assassins in battle was very easy. I liked the story the best in this one because of how careless the assassin started and ended up dedicated his life to the order tel his last breath later showed in Revelations. There were way too many flags to collect, I didn't bother after I found out how many there were.

Assassins Creed 2: Fantastic game, I loved it from the start to finish. The puzzles were pretty challenging though. I really enjoyed the parkour system they started in AC 2 and ended after Revelations. It was cool how you had to learn from the thieves how to do a special jump. Another thing I really enjoyed was the vast amount of fighting moves. I really dislike how the newer games are less complex and only allow for X,Y, & B fighting. AC2 was just a lot of fun in every aspect.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood: I originally had this game for years but never played it until last month. It was another fantastic game, but I was expecting a bigger canvas or multiple cities to explore, although I was not disappointed because there was a lot of places to travel too and explore which made up for it all. You get to drive a tank, plane, and a boat all with heavy weaponry. I like how you got to see the same characters progressing later in life. And the best invention in all of Assassins Creed is the parachute. I had a lot of fun exploring the city and buying everything and so forth...

Assassins Creed Revelations: Best story line! I loved seeing how the lives of both Assassin's unfolded. The introduction of the hook blade was defiantly a cool feat. AC Brotherhood and Revelations both had a vast and fantastic assassin system to call for reinforcements and not to mention side quests to send your assassin trainees to get experience, goods, and money. The introduction to Assassins Dens was very cool and the unique mini game to fight off Templars from taking over the den was really fun.

Assassins Creed 3: Longest Assassins Creed story ever. It took me a long time to get through it. The introduction to lock picking was cool, but it took me a little while to learn how to do it. I didn't like how close the camera was to the player, it was hard to get use to. AC3 was one of the harder ones I've played. It was cool to play as more than one character and a major shocker; I wont give any spoilers to those of you who haven't played the AC series yet. I really enjoyed the missions outside the animus and in Desmond's world. I didn't much enjoy exploring the almost endless underground caves to unlock shortcuts or paths to evade enemies. Although I finished everything in the game except 100% sync I never understood how to craft stuff. I felt it wasn't very self explanatory and the tutorial wasn't much help. Given that there were a lot of dislikes I had about AC3, I did like how you could ride horses just about anywhere.

Assassins Creed Black Flag: I loved playing as a pirate with a pirate ship and 4 guns and 2 swords. There was so much to do in this game with a vast amount of land and ocean to explore, animals to hunt, and goods to trade. Those legendary ship battles were rough. Although the animus almost being non existent kind of confused me. Now instead of laying into a machine, you hop on a computer...

Assassins Creed Unity: The very 1st Assassins Creed game I have ever played. I'm glad the games didn't come in disks because if they did I would have been able to sell them and would have never have played all these games. I enjoyed Unity a lot more than most people. It was quite an enjoyable game. The story was awesome with so much stuff to do. I just really didn't like how bland the entire world was. In previous AC games there were significant scenery changes, but Unity looked all the same. Given some things were locked beyond reasoning until Ubisoft finally fixed everything. I remember my game would crash 2 times a day when I played about 12-15hrs a day for about 2 weeks. There was a lot to do in this game, but the riddles were way too hard! It kind of saddens me that they didn't add boats or horses for transportation; although I did use the heck out of fast travel. There were a lot of activities I liked about this game, but they do not exceed how great AC2 was.

I wasn't able to get my hands on Rouge and haven't gotten Syndicate yet but I'll be sure to add them in when I do.