Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mrs StarStrukk

My New Lifestyle So Far

4 posts in this topic

Three jobs. Needless to say, it's been a crazy helluva ride.

Le School:

I can't believe I'm saying what a great time I've had. Most people would say deuces to the hallways filled with locker slams, moans, and groans. Between band practice after school, my primary sign language classes, Friday night football, and much more including looking forward to hoops starting in November, I've enjoyed my time so far. My band has had a great start to the season with an amazing first competition early on, plus the awesome performances each Friday night at halftime. Had an honor band performance this past Saturday with most of my kids and have another competition in a couple weeks with a final one at the end of the season. All the kids in my primary sign language classes have been fairly well behaved and what teacher can't ask for better? I'm pretty busy with this part of my life and it seems like I'll never be able to catch a break from it. Also throwing a big shoutout to the football team for a nice 3-1 start to the season.

Le GameStop:

The month of September has been no pushover. With some great titles out so far like Mad Max, Forza 6, & Super Mario Maker, in addition to the wave of amiibos that recently released, it's been busy for us. Business is good though. We had a Forza 6 tournament on the day of release instead of at the midnight release like planned because Microsoft. But alas it was still a fairly solid turnout bolstering about 40 for attendance. Attendance requirement wasn't met for the console giveaway but we gave away a gift card to the winner. Them amiibos though. Pesky little buggers. Yeah we sold out of them, all of them. I'm just not one of the unfortunate souls unable to get one. :p I sold approx $250 worth of the new amiibos (about 20 figures). I also sold two Wii U consoles plus a couple 3DS's as well this past weekend due to the amiibo release. I'm still without the holy trinity of Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, & Marth...

Le Movie Theatre:

Been thinking about dropping this one and picking up another job somewhere else. It's just.. There's a patience limit for everyone and I just about blow the top off every other shift because people are complete morons. Like at what point can you not comprehend that were sold out of nachos, or that we don't allow outside food and drinks? Why on earth do you ever think that this like "Netflix & chill" time with bae? I more than understand you'll find these types of people no matter the job or place you wind up at. I've gotten to where I don't enjoy this job anymore because of this and there's no sense in staying here if it's going to make me miserable and fed up with the day.

The Game Called Life:

I've definitely gotten my fiancé addicted to video games. :D She's hogging the TV more and more nowadays. That's ok because I've been minecrafting in most of my downtime that I manage to get on my new Alienware desktop. I've also installed TERA but I haven't played much of it. Between all the craziness 24/7, personal downtime, nights with my girl, and precious sleep I can never pass up, it's all a never ending cycle stuck on repeat.

1 person likes this

Really glad everything is going well for you, Star :). You forgot the most important Le of all, btw. I've heard both Gamestop and theater gigs can be pretty rough. Nevertheless, Keep 'er goin'! We hope to see you back on Halo soon!

It's great to see good fortune come to good people. It sounds like you're on the right track, Star! Keep the ball rolling, girl!

Alright, here we go with Chapter 2.

Le School:

I haven't had the chance to hit the brakes recently. With a few weeks left of marching band season and our last competition on this Saturday, I'll be pretty busy. The competition is pretty big too, with 5 bands per class and two rounds. First round will have college band directors as judges and the second round will have DCI judges (pro level). To get in the second round a band has to place in the top 3 in the class. So yeah, no pressure. As for the football team, a win tomorrow clinches the region title and a home field advantage first round of the playoffs, so big game for them. I have the first basketball practice with my girls on the 19th this month with our first game on the 9th of November. Thing is though... I have hardly any upperclassmen. No seniors, 2 juniors, 1 sophomore, 3 freshmen, 2 8th graders, 2 7th graders. So we're young, REAL young. But I have faith we can make it through the season, and learn a lot along the way.

Le GameStop:

Been kinda slow lately, but once November comes around we will be slammed for sure. We've received small handfuls of preorders lately for Black Ops 3, Battlefront, & Fallout 4. We might be having a release tournament for Black Ops 3, which I know we're having one for Halo 5. Not much else to say, because of the slow business the past couple weeks.

Le Movie Theatre/Krispy Kreme:

Dropped this job because I got to where I hated it so much, on the plus side I picked up a part time job at Krispy Kreme. So, I get to snack on delicious donuts. ^-^

Le Hefe:

Just so I don't forget.

1 person likes this