Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xMalevolution

Forging Maps - Gametypes

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

As you may not know, I am one of the newer forgers on the scene of HT.org, and have been having a bit of an issue with gametypes...

My main problem is that I do not know what I need to do to make them function like they should.

Not only is this a problem for making race tracks, but I am also an avid Slayer map maker, and I want to make my maps compatible with things like KotH, CTF, Territories and Oddball.

However, I do not know what I need to assign to what in order to make the maps function successfully.

I've also found it hassling when trying to find video tutorials, because, well, no one makes them.

So if anyone can either give me a tutorial either written or by a video, or better yet actually show me in a forge session, that would be really great.

I also plan to submit the maps to the "Other Maps" section of the maps page, because everyone might benefit from having some Slayer maps to play with.

(I know I shouldn't, but I just want to see what you people think of them, even though this is a race track specified site. If people like Le Hefe or Nuked, or anyone else in charge denies me the ability to post the maps on this site, which is fine, I'll try to find another site to show them.)

Thank you, and have a fantastic day! :D

I'm not one to know a lot about gametypes but you can try messaging TurbTastic on xbox. He's become quite popular and has offered help with that kind of stuff before, so give him a try.

Now, what about the posting of the maps on the "Other Maps" area of the site: is that permitted or prohibited?

Go ahead, that section is there for any non-race maps to be posted in. Post whatever maps you like there.