Le Hefe

Halo 5 Forge

60 posts in this topic

Lastly is the unfortunate news about the condition of the fileshare and filebrowsing system. It is going to be a basic system where you have to select a player from your roster that you have followed and navigate to their shared files where you then bookmark the file to be able to load it up yourself in custom games or forge. They have promised to update it over future updates based on community feedback.

Small rant/my thoughts on the items mentioned above.

I'll do my thoughts on the new objects and options first to save you from the rant.

The invisible blockers seems quite explanatory and are even in use on various BTB maps currently in rotation. They simply are pieces that are invisible in custom games to allow you to block off a section of a map without putting a wall or a kill boundary to block it off. The sound emitters and decals are quite a bit more interesting. The decals seem like small decorations such as the "UNSC" logo featured around as well as other various small markings seen around various maps. Sound emitters sound(lel) like something that you can place that emit a sound in a preset radius, such as burning from a car or other such effects.

The options shown in the banner are quite interesting. We aren't sure what object, if any, they are being applied to as we can't get a clear picture of the object being selected. If they apply to a block, it would be a great way to get pieces that fit exactly to what you need rather than having to combine 2-3 objects to make one. It could also be a simple way of doing the objective markers and kill boundaries rather than the scaling in the x/y/z axis like past games. While this could also work, I feel that the "thickness" option indicates that it is effecting an actual forge block.

Here's the rant so you can avoid it if you don't want negativity in your life

With the file browser system being barely functional for 343i's second launch in a row really shows how little they seem to understand about how important a file browser is to keeping the forge community alive and able to expand. Limiting the browsing as launch to only being able to bookmark other peoples maps while they are online and on H5 (my interpretation of being "in your active roster") can really deter people from forging as there maps won't be able to be found and played by others.

My second frustration about the way file system works as a whole in the game. As almost the entire game runs off of dedicated serves if you ever loose connection to xbl or the XBL servers are unavailable (not an uncommon event) you aren't able to do anything on H5 besides solo campaign. This works the same for files, since all save data for files is in the cloud rather than on your own xbox, you aren't able to use your custom gametypes offline (which you couldn't anyway). If forge is hosted on dedicated servers, we could end up in a scenario where if you disconnect from XBL or servers are down as previously mentioned, you won't even be able to forge or use your maps offline by yourself.

So they will spend months and months working on the newest forge capabilities but not a funking file browser? What a waste.

With yet another browsing system failure coming our way I guess I will not be wasting my time with the forge. Their lack of understanding of a file browser is unacceptable.

Thanks for info, nuked. Time for me to get my money back.

Here's a sneak peek at Forge by Gamespot

[youtubeHD=z1BN4K4i9i8][/youtubeHD]

You can also catch a 343's livestream of the entire Cartographer's Gift DLC on their Twitch channel today at 3PM PST (6 EST).

Here's a sneak peek at Forge by Gamespot

You can also catch a 343's livestream of the entire Cartographer's Gift DLC on their Twitch channel today at 3PM PST (6 EST).

Of all the amazing new tools, maps, objects and features the one thing that has finally made me excited for forge is that little pig.

3 people like this

Of all the amazing new tools, maps, objects and features the one thing that has finally made me excited for forge is that little pig.

Immediately thought of Lily when I saw that.

New version courtesy of Halo Vanguards, thanks to Ducain23 for uploading a cut version to show off the good parts. Shows off some seriously awesome stuff with the forge including how various controls work, and a ton of different objects and options.

[youtubeHD=EKVYzhz0mBI][/youtubeHD]

is there anything in this highlighting the terrain manipulation feature? i briefly skipped thru and forge doesn't look too different to me...

Edited by ImSOshiftfaced

I want to see more fire. I know it comes out in just a few days, but I want to see more fire. I need to see more fire. Lens flares, too. I want a montage featuring fire, smoke, lens flares, and any heat distortion effects that this game how NAO.

Forge in this game is going to be insane. The lack of a fully featured File Browser still does irk me, however. I hope for a promptly update to that.

is there anything in this highlighting the terrain manipulation feature? i briefly skipped thru and forge doesn't look too different to me...

I'd watch the whole thing through when you're not high.

It's undeniably different. So many new features and ways to manipulate every object in the game.

It's undeniably different. So many new features and ways to manipulate every object in the game.

1 person likes this