Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Le Hefe

Halo 5 Race Wishlist

8 posts in this topic

Halo 5 should be a phenomenally fun game for custom lobbies. Forge will open the door for an immense amount of creativity. Rest assured, HaloTracks will have a prominent spot in the Halo community once we grab hold of the tools we need to grow. This topic asks you to share your biggest wishes for the race gametype in Halo 5, assuming (and hoping) there is one.

By all means, get a little crazy. With any luck, maybe some of the big dogs take a peek. You have the floor.

Most of my items come from the community modded h4 gametypes, but I'll try to add a few new ones.

• Option to display score by either total checkpoints or laps.
  • Ability to use rave with ALL vehicles, not just the standard mongoose/ghost/warthog/banshee. Phaeton race anyone?
  • As Jeff previously said in the shout box, the option to decide whether race ends when either first place crosses line, or everybody.

Quite dead on other ideas at the moment, I'll update as I can remember the ones I thought of earlier.

Checkpoints or laps on the scoreboard. Best and previous lap times for each player. Make objects invisible, mostly the checkpoints.

- Lap time counter. Maybe we could get "ss.ms", but I'd be happy with seconds.

- On Jeff's note about finishing the game when everyone crosses the line it'd be nice if whoever placed where was given a label on the scoreboard as 1st, 2nd, and so on.

- I'd really like to have the option to toggle map radar that has a route of the track like in most other racing games, instead of the traditional "there's a bunch of red dots around me".

I'll be sure to add more as I think of ideas.

Dear 343i,

With the up-coming release of Forge, in all of it's glory, I wish for Race to be a playable Gametype. I also wish to thank

whomever helped launch the Halo 4 community race playlist, hope to see it again in Halo 5.

My Halo 5 Christmas Wishlist

1. In-game Lap Times

2. Post-game Carnage Report Best Lap Times

3. Lot's a BTB Maps w/ Mongeese

4. A splatter achievement

5. Settings to change Mid-air controls

I promise to be the nicest halo player ever, and it's not like it's that hard to implement right?

Well Cheers, and thanks for continuing to provide the greatest video game experience.

-SHiFT

Edited by ImSOshiftfaced
1 person likes this

A "lel" setting which turns all Mongooses into official MEG colours.

A "rce" mode where you all spawn in a random indestructible vehicle, if you're in the back 25% of the pack you change vehicle after 20secs and if you are in the lead for a certain amount of time you get swapped into a shade turret for 10secs. This mode will be compatible with the "lel" setting.

Finally Spartan racing helmets and overalls.

2 people like this

Though I never got to try it out, the idea of using respawn points along side checkpoints that was implemented in Halo 2A forge sounded good. However, rather then having it the way they did it, have a spawn_start and spawn_checkpoint label and then set the spawn number to the same number as the checkpoint you want to have the spawn point work with. Of course if you don't want to use spawn points, you could just use the spawn_checkpoint with the checkpoint, or just have the gametype use the checkpoints unless spawn_checkpoint labels are present.