Le Hefe

Favorite Forge Feature

4 posts in this topic

Forge has been completely reworked for Halo 5. We have an amazing new toolset that gives us so many unique ways to create maps. I'm wondering, what are your favorite features in Forge?

Mine has to be grouping, purely for the sake of Supercross forging. Crafting any bordering for an SX track has always, always been an arduous process. Being able to perfectly mirror a line of tough blocks and then to adjust those blocks as if they were one object is amazing. The same goes for whoops sections, triples, rhythms, etc. In the first rhythm section I made, I duplicated the same table top three times and was able to position the copies without having to do any major tweaking or object placement.

Mine would have to be grouping or just the simple variety of objects.

Grouping is a very useful tool that saves so much time and allows us to not worry about recreating the same thing as you can just make a copy of it from somewhere else on the map. I am a huge fan of the new object pallet as it gives us the flexibility to create what you want using the vast variety of pieces. This combined with the huge colour pallet gives everyone the chance to make their map look and feel unique compared to everyone else's.

Now that I've been better acquainted with forge I can reply. Forge is so advanced now and the mongoose physics suck I don't really like this forge the best for racetracks, but I will stick with what I'm good at and for the people that like what I create I will strive harder to make higher quality maps. There are so many features in Halo 5 and I'm sure I haven't used them all yet but the ones that stuck out for me is the grouping objects feature, the new and improved levels of precision editing, the new improvement to rotation snap which snaps the object 90 degrees more or less from current position instead of the fixed positions we've had since halo reach, and most of all the feature I like most is being able to choose which way you are able to turn the block. Turning the blocks on the y, x or z axis one at at time is great, but for forging a real smooth racetrack with real banked waves and other wicked turns is unrealistically hard, so I am glad that you can switch from object or world mode to camera mode and rotate objects like it has been in all the other games.

Edited by Superior Forger

the controls are wonky, but as far as the potential, its jaw dropping. I spent an hour just looking at the map options, then another 2 going through all of the objects available.