Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Le Hefe

Forge Wishlist

15 posts in this topic

Forge continues to be an awe inspiring force within the community. We have more features and tools than we've ever had. The new additions to Forge that we've been enjoying have already led to some undeniably amazing creations. To make things ever better, 343 Industries stated that Forge will be continuously updated throughout Halo 5's lifespan.

Enter this topic.

The topic you come to today is to let your voice be heard. I want Race to be one of the most prominent gametypes in Halo. We've had a lot of good history with it, but there's so much more to come. Now, this topic isn't to necessarily discuss features you want in a Race game variant. Rather, it's to discuss what you think would placate any grievances you might have with Forge while creating your Racetracks.

Things like more objects, new tools, refinements on current tools, etc. I will do everything I can to get your requests out to the right people. It's my goal to see racing thrive in all of its forms, as well as seeing HaloTracks sit at the top of all things Rce.

So get crazy. Be bold. Dream It. Build It. Race It.

Object Requests

• Animated flags with the ability to change the texture, color, and waviness of material
  • Trait Zones
  • Dynamic fluid objects like water and lava
  • Additional ON ENTER / ON EXIT scripting options for objectives (like KOTH) and other zones
  • Ability to save object groups as "asset" to be used across any map. Forgers would have new "Assets" tab in menu where stored groups can be accessed.

Tools Requests

• Undo option
  • Ability to customize the camera track in a similar way to man cannons
  • More options to configure a camera's orientation along its animation

Map/Canvas Requests

Other Requests

[list[*]Animated sprites like crowds and vehicles to add more ambiance to a map's visuals

[*]Crowd sound effects like cheering and booing

In past Halo game you'd have to glitch or mod "ghost" characters in a custom lobby or forge. Just think it'd be pretty cool if you could spawn a figure you could animate how you choose, and from a rce perspective it'd be amazing to be racing in front of a crowd if you know what I mean. It'd also be pretty cool to have various sound effects available such as cheering, booing, etc.

Are there any extra options you'd like to see in Trait Zones that we haven't had before, Eddy?

An "object" to add water to an area. Like if you have a lower area you want water on and it is not on the ground, you can just flood that area of the map. Ex. For an endurocross track where you want water you can have that spot lower (as usual on real tracks) you can add water to that spot. Same with LAVA!!!!!!!

I want hill markers. Then we can set up scripts to activate when you enter the hill marker which would be awesome for hardcore traps.

While this isn't just a forge related feature, it would make forging much better. I would like to see a way to save an "asset". This would involve creating a singular group of objects and being able to save that item separately in order to spawn it in on another map or share it with other players to use on their maps. A great way this could be useful is when we come up with the checkpoint we can use with demo, you could save the checkpoint as an asset and other people can load it into their track and manipulate it to fit their track without needing to know the entire set-up process.

the king of the hill gametype added back to the game. I loved king of the hill and while strongholds is similar to that, its either very unclear how or impossible to recreate such behavior. King of the hill makes racetracks possible as a gametype while also adding back something we love.

While I would definitely like to see KOTH come back, this topic is centered around the actual use of Forge itself. I will be making a separate topic for a Gametype Wishlist, soon.

I've been playing around with the cameras a little bit more, and the photographer in me just wants moar stuff. I'd like to actually edit the arc of a camera's pan in a similar way man cannons are adjusted. The straight line, quarter circle, and half circle really limit a lot of cool angles I want to use. I'd also like an option to configure and animate the orientation of the camera itself along the shot. Tilting the camera is something I do a lot in the realz life.