Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OrionHardy

Scripting Decision

favorite leg. map to forge?   23 members have voted

1. 1. Whats you favorite leg. map to forge?

• Ghost Town
    • Avalanche
    • Blackout

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

Okay, since I can't remake Criss Cross the way I want to (Can't find a way to make the bounce section without wasting man cannons and scripts). I've decided to move on remaking Child's Play SX instead. However, I'm not going to make it an SX track this time. Instead it will be a terrain/doublewide/city kinda of track, with a whole bunch of scripts. Problem is though, I can't decide whether to put these scripts on timers so certain objects constantly move around, or to make them triggers you shot with a gun goose to mess with other racers. So I'd like you guys and gals help in deciding.

Two main ones will be a train that will move around the map, crossing the track at one point and a small bridge on a hinge that would rise then fall, so sometimes it will be a jump. I might come up with some others later while forging. I'll see what comes to mind.

So what do you think?

Edited by OrionHardy

I think you should use a mix of both. With the ideas that you listed, I think you should have the train on a timer and the bridge on a trigger.

Edit: put a bit more thought through it. Having the train on a timer makes a bit more logical sense as they always run on time. With the bridge that is sometime controlled so it will have something set it off. Something you can also do if you don't want to have gungooses on your map for 1 thing(I don't know rest of plan) is by using a pressure plate system where you have to drive over a marked part of the track to activate it. You can find a tutorial

I agree, mess around with both... however the trains should be random and bridge should be trigger. no gungeese. plz. Also you might need grav vols or man canons to move the trains,

scripting only allows you to go so far. You could make some sweet trains with the weld feature. This would be a great way to get back in and mess around with forge, go for it Orion!