Mrs StarStrukk

What forge contest do you want next?

favorite leg. map to forge?   24 members have voted

1. 1. Whats you favorite leg. map to forge?

• Ghost Town
    • Avalanche
    • Blackout

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

I was deciding on posting a contest of my own, then I got to thinking it wasn't such a good idea until I got a few opinions first.

After reading over how these people responded, they were absolutely correct in what I expected. The general purpose of this topic is to find out what the community wants to see for my next forge contest. The problem I see with contests is that requiring to forge any one type of track for a contest (Motocross, Mayhem, etc) might take people out of their comfort zone and discourage him/her from participating because it's not what they do best. While it may not be a comfort zone issue, it could be lack of motivation, more interest in matchmaking, or still being alien to the new forge controls. I like forge challenges with a unique objective in mind, while still being able to forge what you want. So that's what I have. A list of future contest ideas I have and I want to see what the community wants. Feel free to respond with an idea of your own you might have! Voting in the poll is entirely optional, but knowing the interest in what you guys want is the key. :)

B T dubs, I'll be posting a contest within several days. :)

Cliffhanger - Being set entirely on Glacier, the goal of this challenge is to forge a track built along the lower cliff area inside the giant pit. The track has to incorporate the cliffside(s) in some manner but you may forge however you need to reconnect the track route.

Space Race - Obvious if it couldn't be figured out already. :p The goal is forge a space race themed track in sppaaaccceeee on Parallax.

Day at the Beach - Set on Alpine, not at Gogeta's house (See what I did thur?), the goal is to forge a track down on the sandy-like shore and in the cold waters of the ocean. Using about an 80/20 ratio you can go inland if you need to. Got to go back to the condo jakoozie at some point right?

Historic - Goal is to make a historic themed map from pre-technology eras on any one of the three main canvases. Think dinosaurs, vikings, midevil castles, woolly mammoth/ice age; just to name what should be aimed for.

2 people like this

if you're gonna do another aesthetics theme contest, why limit to just one idea, why not include them all?

Then it defeats the purpose of the contest. This isn't necessarily an aesthetic themed contest anyway. She's trying to get people to build maps.

I think the space theme could be a great idea, as long as the maps have to be spaced themed and not just forged on a space canvas (i.e. a SX with a stadium built on Parallax). Even if the maps include elements or mechanics of space, I'm all for the idea.

Then it defeats the purpose of the contest. This isn't necessarily an aesthetic themed contest anyway. She's trying to get people to build maps.

What he said. The only real aesthetic themed contest idea is the space one. The other two just require you using certain parts of the canvases to build the maps and there's no restrictions on types of tracks in any of these, although you could argue they are themed just based on the names I guess.

I think the space theme could be a great idea, as long as the maps have to be spaced themed and not just forged on a space canvas (i.e. a SX with a stadium built on Parallax). Even if the maps include elements or mechanics of space, I'm all for the idea.

Well, the space one has to have aesthetic space themed maps as just forging a regular map on Parallax would be pointless in the idea. The only reason I initially limit it to Parallax is because the canvas would make all maps at least kind of look the part. Besides you wouldn't have anything get in the way, depending on what kind of map you wanted to forge, other than the kill boundaries on the map. That's just my logic on it.

I'm slightly disappointed in how many people have voted in the poll at the top versus how many visited the page. I know it's optional but I hope more people decide to place a vote in the next day or two. I have a feeling I know what will be the decisive winner, but I'm not convinced yet to confidently post a contest.

Would anyone be interested if I added a historic themed contest (dinosaurs, Vikings, castles, etc) to the list?

Anopisthograph did a historic themed contest on Halo 4, which is the only reason I'm opposed to it since its been done before. I don't mind though.

Would anyone be interested if I added a historic themed contest (dinosaurs, Vikings, castles, etc) to the list?

I like this idea. I've wanted to make a Jurassic Pork map for a long time.

And yes I did mean say "Pork".