Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KSI Milk Man

HT Competitive Racing League

2 posts in this topic

post-22479-0-47726100-1459472768_thumb.p

Hello members of the HaloTracks community! I feel that it is time to get the rust off of our old gooses and our tires filled because The HaloTracks Competitive Racing League is being started!!

"But Milk Man there isn't a race gametype and I don't want to race when there isnt a race gametype!" Well my solution is 2-3 moderators a track that I have already preselected that will be able to use machinima mode and have anti vehicle weapons to neutralize cheaters and immoral players with vantage points across the map similar to the Outlaw Racing League in Halo Reach. Also team play and a points system will be put into place which will be determined but with the upcoming release of HT 5.0 racing teams within leagues will have a greater impact.

This racing league will be mixed competitive tracks so any tournament style tracks are allowed to be submitted but they will have to be modified to HT CRL standards such as the viewing platforms and Starting areas/ gates. Every Race will be streamed and put onto youtube for review purposes for all to see. at the beginning of each race week a track preview will be placed onto here and youtube to help prepare for the race. Good racing.

MX/Supercross: Tracks must have a 60 second scripted starting gate, a clear holeshot and kill boundaries on the stands (sx) and cheatable areas (mx) except for the viewing platform areas

Grand Prix/ Circuit: Tracks must have a pit, individually marked starting places, and hard kill boundaries on cheatable sections.(2 wide per starting section)

List of Tracks Submitted

Racers signed up

Managers/Moderators

1. KSI Milk Man

2. JDOG0604

3. o War Eagle o

Edited by Casselfied
Scaled down text
1 person likes this

Topic moved to HT Squads. Also, please keep the oversized text to a minimum.

First off, let's start with the basics. Based on my personal experience of racing tournaments associated with HT, I can assure you the best form of hosting races is by using an honor rule system. Ironically, tournaments based on honor rules almost always run smoother than tournaments that don't. Incorporating tournament co-hosts can be a useful idea, but modifying tracks to be uncheatable is flat our redundant. In some cases, elements like insta-kill boundaries off the track can be detrimental to the core racing experience. Races can be reviewed via theater mode at the conclusion of the tournament, where cheaters can be punished, victims can be compensated and vise versa. There's very few folk on HT who participate in tournaments to not race, but those assholes can always be removed immediately from the event by the host/co-host if necessary.

The next issue is streaming. I'm not much of an expert on this subject, but there are some simple guidelines you should be aware of before you tackle this challenge. Can your connection handle streaming with a large number of players? Are the maps going to be altered or compromised to cater to streaming, and if so, how? These are a couple of issues to consider if you're going to get into streaming the races. It's also important to remember the stream should come second to the racing experience, not the other way around.

I appreciate your efforts to bring activity back to racing, but I think you need to do more research on how tournaments are run, especially if you want to run an operation as big as a series and an HT Squad. I advise you check out some examples of proper tournament formats of successful racing squads, such as HT Supercross, HT Velocity and the HT Dirty Racing League. Managing tournaments can be a pain in the ass, so I also recommend starting with something smaller such as a single tournament. It would be better for you to learn through trial and error, than to create a big guessing game on a massive project.

If you'd like to go ahead and create a squad anyway, please refer to the squad creation topic or contact an administrator if you have any further questions regarding squad creation.