Superior Forger

What TV should I buy?

7 posts in this topic

I'm about over my TV. It's too big and cuts a lot of important shit off the TV. I have a 57 inch tv right now and am planning on downsizing to maybe a 37 Inch. But I was just wondering what TV's are good and don't have lag and other such problems. What TV's do you guys prefer and do you know of any that aren't super high-end expensive?

If input lag is a big concern, I'd actually recommend not getting a TV at all. A lot of gamers play on computer monitors, since they have a faster refresh rate compared to most TVs. The only downside to using a monitor is that they tend to get pretty expensive over 27 inches. What's your budget?

I really don't want to spend over $600 on a TV mainly because it's not something I absolutely need. I thought about getting a monitor, but I also want to watch TV from afar. I don't think I will be able to see much from a 27 inches screen 10 feet away.

If input lag is a big concern, I'd actually recommend not getting a TV at all. A lot of gamers play on computer monitors, since they have a faster refresh rate compared to most TVs. The only downside to using a monitor is that they tend to get pretty expensive over 27 inches. What's your budget?

What brand of TV do you have? I've been told by a couple Gamestop employees that less popular brands such as Westinghouse and RCA have terrible input lag on most of their TV's bigger than 32". My brother has a 60" RCA and the input lag is heavy when he's playing certain games; not to mention the picture quality is subpar.

I have a 50" Sony Bravia and I've had no problems in terms of lag; my previous TV was a 40" Westinghouse and it randomly started dropping frames and had about a half second delay after only having it for a year and a half.

I have a 57' Toshiba Rear Projector Theater TV made back in 2005.It's big and weighs 240 pounds. A lot of things are cut off the screen and I can't do a thing about it. It's also harder for me to play competitive since everything appears so small. And you can forget about trying to read anything, the text appears way to small! Some games allow me to change the parameters for the screen, but most games do not.

What brand of TV do you have? I've been told by a couple Gamestop employees that less popular brands such as Westinghouse and RCA have terrible input lag on most of their TV's bigger than 32". My brother has a 60" RCA and the input lag is heavy when he's playing certain games; not to mention the picture quality is subpar.

I have a 50" Sony Bravia and I've had no problems in terms of lag; my previous TV was a 40" Westinghouse and it randomly started dropping frames and had about a half second delay after only having it for a year and a half.