Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Le Hefe

Updated Rules

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I've updated the board's Terms and Conditions. These rules are effective immediately. There's been some violations of the previous set of rules quite a bit here, lately. That's partially due to a dated set of rules that were easily misinterpreted. These rules should be more concise and easy to understand.

Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or feel I've missed anything!

Thanks

Read through it all. Looks good, but I have a couple of suggestions.

• Sensitive discussion (religion, politics, etc) should be limited to certain sections of the forum. Perhaps it should be prohibited from the shoutbox and only allowed in either General Chat or Offtopic.
  • For sigs, we used to have a no-gifs policy. I noticed the rule is no longer in effect (which I completely support), however there should still be a guideline for using gifs in sigs (i.e. no gifs that could potentially cause epilepsy).
  • Fit something in that elaborates on conditions for using forum avatars under sigs.
  • There should be a tab in the forum index to conveniently access the rules page.

Otherwise, everything is solid. It's clear, concise and professional. Great job!

1 person likes this

Not bad. I'll get to thinking about those and amend the document as needed. I also forgot terms for Staff members, so I'll update that too.

Edit: In terms for the forum tab, it's already there

Thank god I read the rules, as I was violating the signature rules.......

Think there's anything wrong with those rules? They can always be changed as long as the idea is sensible :turned:

Think there's anything wrong with those rules? They can always be changed as long as the idea is sensible :turned:

Nah it's fine, my signature font was just a tad to big.

A grey area we could elaborate on is posting tools, such as keeping coloured/oversized text, fonts and text modifiers to a minimum. While this has always been a general rule of thumb for most members, it wouldn't hurt to touch up on this and at least put something in writing.

Thanks for the update, I have adjusted my sig. accordingly. - but I keep the Olivia Munn image.

Absolutely. There's should never be a reason to remove Olivia Munn from anything. She stays. :thumbsup:

If you want to provide any feedback, please do! Like if you think one of the rules is just dumb and should be revised, or maybe one isn't wordy enough. Thanks for reading through the update, though! Really appreciate that.